Key Skills: Mechanical Engineering, Lead Engineer, Oil & Gas
Location: Brentford (Hybrid)
Contract: 12-month contract
Salary / Package: Competitive rates, plus holiday accrual + pension
Recruitment Partner: Airswift Account Manager: Lydia Ellis
Key words: Mechanical Engineering, Principal Mechanical Engineer, Oil & Gas, FEED, EPC
As a global leading provider of engineering, procurement and construction management expertise to the energy, chemicals, and resources sectors we are proud to be able to expand our UK team and have partnered with Airswift to support our recruitment plans.
We are currently recruiting for a Lead Mechanical Engineer to join our team based on Brentford. This is a PAYE contract role for an initial 12-month period, with rate to be discussed.
What can we offer you
Fantastic opportunity to work for well-respected specialists within the Oil & Gas industry, on a thriving project. Excellent rates, holiday accrual and hybrid working arrangements.
Key Responsibilities and background:
- To review and approve designs and datasheets and enquiry documentation for the mechanical scope of a pipeline project including, but not limited to, the following types of equipment: air cooled heat exchangers, centrifugal compressors, GTdrivers, centrifugal pumps, storage tanks, water bath heaters, pressure vessels. utility packages, pig launchers/receivers.
- Ensuring the mechanical team is suitably resourced for planned objectives and all personnel are suitably SQEP’d for the project Providing assurance to the PEM and Client Engineer that all aspects engineering within the mechanical discipline have been carried to an acceptable standard.
- Liaising with other engineering disciplines to ensure best practice is applied to the engineering of NMGP project and to ensure compliance to project specifications and standards.
- Reviewing and approval of designs and check/approval of engineering deliverables.
- Undertaking technical bid evaluations, where required.
- Thinking creatively and logically to resolve design and development problems.
- Identifying of risks in the workplace, site and design work being undertaken.
- Considering the environmental, commercial, safety and operational aspects of design.
- Managing change and identifying, formalising, and notifying relevant parties of changes in the project.
- Communicating and liaising with colleagues, subcontractors, vendors, and clients.
- Estimating and the management of budgets, schedule, and quality of projects.
- Driving, control and schedule of workshare using global integrated delivery (GID).
- Lead Engineer proven experience on Oil & Gas, Petrochemical FEED projects.
- Knowledge of Pumps including Seal Systems.
- Good knowledge of Gas Turbine Driven Centrifugal Compressors.
- Knowledge of Power Generation Equipment.
- Knowledge of Utility Packages.
- Knowledge of American design codes and standards, i.e., ASME, ASTM, NACE, API.
- Working knowledge of corrosion and degradation mechanisms and able to review materials of construction for equipment in gas service.
- Commercial awareness within professional services environment.
We have an exceptional team in place, and we are pleased to be able to appoint a further person to our growing business. We are aware that you may not ‘tick all the boxes’, but if you believe you can genuinely offer some valuable skills and experience to our business, please in the first instance contact our recruitment partner Airswift, and the account manager, Lydia Ellis.