We're seeking an experienced Lead Mechanical Engineer with a strong background in Gold Processing Plant design to lead the Front End Engineering Design (FEED) for an international gold project being developed in East Africa. This pivotal role is based at our client's Brisbane CBD office, offered as an ongoing contract opportunity.
The ideal candidate will possess substantial expertise and a proven history in Gold Processing Plant design, driving innovation and steering the design phase of this significant project. This role will hold overall responsibility for mechanical and piping engineering deliverables on the project, offering a chance to shape a high-profile project and be part of a dynamic industry professional team.
Your responsibilities will include;
- Collaborate with teams to deliver comprehensive multi-disciplinary engineering designs.
- Develop mechanical design deliverables, including calculations and equipment selection, for diverse applications like bulk materials handling systems, slurry & hydraulic systems, and mechanical platework.
- Prepare documentation supporting equipment procurement and contract execution, such as Scopes of Work, Specifications, Datasheets, and Technical Evaluation of Tender Submissions.
- Review Vendor documentation and integrate it into project designs, emphasizing constructability, operability, and maintainability.
- Deliver top-notch technical solutions adhering to Australian and International Standards, Codes, Guidelines, and industry best practices.
- Ensure project execution meets schedule, budget, and quality criteria, prioritizing a strong safety focus.
- Proactively identify project and technical risks, taking appropriate actions to ensure successful project outcomes.
- Demonstrate readiness to provide on-site support for short to medium-term construction, commissioning, and operational roles as needed.
- Possess an Australian recognised Mechanical engineering degree.
- Hold RPEQ Certification.
- Demonstrate experience in designing slurry, water and solutions pumping systems along with pipeline design.
- Have prior technical, practical, and leadership experience in the mechanical engineering, along with a proven track record of leading a mechanical design group.
- Proficiency in Materials Handling and front-end plant experience.
- Familiarity with relevant international and Australian industry codes and standards.
- Strong focus on deliverables and adeptness in work planning.
- Experience in base metals and rare earth minerals advantageous.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Full Australian working rights.
Airswift is an international workforce solutions provider within the energy, process and infrastructure industries. Airswift serves as a strategic partner to our clients, offering a turnkey workforce solution to capture and deliver the top talent needed to complete successful projects by aligning with the unique needs of our clients.
With over 1000 employees and 9,000+ contractors operating in over 70 countries, our geographical reach and pool of talent available is unmatched in the industry and the level of experience, exposure and expertise that the organization has is unparalleled.
Only candidates located within Australia, with full Australian working rights will be considered.
If you would like to be considered for the position, please apply direct to this advertisement with your CV & contact details or contact Patrick Chick directly via email@example.com or 6146 4363.