We are working with a Major Oil & Gas operator to source for Lead Of Commissioning (Piping). The position will be based at site and is Responsible for overseeing Pre-Commissioning & Commissioning activities for process, mechanical, building, loss prevention and piping systems in assigned areas to ensure EPC Contractor’s safe and efficient delivery of systems to meet project objectives and milestones. Ensuring testing and documentation are performed and delivered as per contractual requirements and in a safe and professional manner. To ensures planning such as systemization, commissioning/pre-commissioning planning, database set-up is developed and to maintain coordination with other stakeholders.
This is a long-term contract role working on a residential basis 6-days per week / 10 hours per day. Please see details below:
Title: Lead Of Commissioning (Piping)
Start Date: Negotiable (typically within 1 month notice)
Duration: 36 months (potential for extension)
Location: Site (Ras Laffan Industrial City), Qatar
Working Schedule: 6-days per week / 10 hours per day
- Reports to Head of Commissioning EPC-2
- Demonstrate personal SHES leadership and excellent SHES behaviours at all times and ensures that safety expectations are communicated and maintained. Perform as a safety leader through auditing, setting and exhibiting the highest standards. Actively participate in Toolbox Talks, Task Instructions and SHES related walkdowns.
- Ensure that Contractor / Subcontractor are conducting works safely and in accordance with all Permits to Work and safety practices. Assist Contractor with proper preparation of all permits to work and job safety analysis submissions. Including acting as PTW issuing / receiving / performing authority where required.
- Ensure System Completion activities, including all required testing and documentation, are performed and delivered as per contractual requirements.
- Review, develop and provide technical advice and guidance in the development of procedures, method statements, work packs, check sheets, check sheet allocation matrix, schedules, reports etc. to enable work execution and reporting.
- Review planning deliverables including execution plans and ensure activities are adequately, planned, resourced, managed and schedule is realistic and achievable.
- Provides clear guidance and facilitates resolution of conflict and problem-solving. In addition, actively seeks out work gaps and supports contractor to close out.
- Predominantly field based to assist and witness the execution of assigned area Pre-Commissioning and Commissioning activities.
- Indirectly supervise a multi-national of commissioning professionals providing pre-commissioning and commissioning direction, expertise & guidance, to lead safe execution of the Pre-Commissioning and Commissioning scope of work in accordance with project deliverables and execution schedule. Demonstrate leadership in planning and execution driving EPC contractor to deliver as per project milestones.
- Report generation and validating / invalidating testing and commissioning results.
- Assist in other discipline activities where required.
Bachelor's degree in engineering or equivalent number of years' experience.
Knowledge and/or Experience:
- 10 years’ experience as a Commissioning Engineer with broad knowledge of commissioning planning and execution, for LNG facilities or Oil & Gas facility.
- Good understanding & experience of System Completion Process and associated phases such as technical and contractual certificate walkdowns and PSSR procedure.
- Experience in systemization including check sheet development, check sheet allocation, completions database and development of pre-comm/comm procedures and method statements.
- Both brownfield and greed field experience is an advantage.
- Strong leadership skills, experience leading contractor teams.
- Experience in developing Pre-Commissioning and Commissioning procedures, method statements and work packs etc.
- Experience in mechanical and piping pre-commissioning and commissioning activities such as; line cleaning, reinstatement, leak testing, purging, drying.
- Must have experience with process and non-process systems.
- Possesses knowledge on Mechanical equipment packages, piping and static and rotating equipment.
- HVAC & loss prevention pre-commissioning & commissioning experience including HVAC performance testing, fire water system testing, foam system testing, sprinkler system testing, NOVEC testing etc.
- I&C knowledge such as loop checks, cause & effect testing and functional testing, while not required are an advantage.
- Must be able to; climb stairs, climb ladders, generally access tight spaces and work at heights.