Summary on Airswift:
Airswift is an international workforce solutions provider within the energy, process and infrastructure industries. Airswift serves as a strategic partner to our clients, offering a turnkey workforce solution to capture and deliver the top talent needed to complete successful projects by aligning with the unique needs of our clients. With over 800 employees and 6,000 contractors operating in over 50 countries, our geographical reach and pool of talent available is unmatched in the industry and the level of experience, exposure and expertise that the organization has is unparalleled.
Our O&G operator client is seeking a Lead, Planning & Scheduling to work within their facilities in Long Island Point, Australia on a 1-year casual contract role.
Please see details as below
Title: Lead, Planning & Scheduling
Start Date: Negotiable
Employment Type: 1-year casual contract
Location: Long Island Point, Australia
SUMMARY ABOUT THE ROLE
The Planning and Scheduling Lead (PL) is a specialist in project schedule development, control and forecasting. The PL assess Contractor and company generated schedules for usefulness, logic, level of detail, input sources, timing, lines of communication, and interfaces with other functional elements and consistency with Current Control Estimate, Work Breakdown Structure (WBS), and the Project Plan The PL also establishes the schedule requirements and frequencies of issue for all of the contractor schedule deliverables. The PL strives for timely detection of trends and specifically deviations from the plan.
- Provides overall project schedule, progress measurement, and change management leadership and expertise
- Stewards the Contractor's project control organization with respect to schedule development, control and progress measurement
- Advises the Contractor's organization with respect to adequacy of project controls tools, reports and schedules
- Develop / Maintain Level 1 and Level 2 integrated project schedules
- Reviews and, where appropriate, endorses schedule and progress Baselines and forecast prepared by Contractor
- Advises Project Controls Lead and Project Leadership Team of any potential schedule issues and when necessary, provides guidance on, corrective action and measures to mitigate any adverse trends
- Develops and reviews schedule corrective actions and recovery plans, and verifies needed actions/plans are implemented
- Reviews project changes to evaluate detail schedule impact; responsible for quantifying and incorporating the effect and impact of approved changes in the overall schedule stewardship and reporting.
- Monitor and report on schedule implications of changes
- Reviews schedule basis of Contractor's change proposals
- Reviews and endorses changes with regards to schedule and progress impact
- Supports Project Team with ongoing project progress measurement and schedule analysis, reporting, and forecasting activities
- Ensure that contractor scheduling practices and progress measurement system comply with project Coordination Procedures
- Lead Contractor to development Contract Control Schedules and Milestones
- Ensure integration of subcontractors’ schedules and progress measurement system
- Monitor contractor performance vs. approved baseline schedule to assist management in identification of issues and development / implementation of corrective actions or recovery plans
- Analyze progress, schedule trends, and develop forecasts to support management decision making
- Participate in contract bid evaluations (as required for schedule evaluation)
- Ensure that contractor schedule reflects / align with external schedule requirements and interfaces such as permitting and regulatory
- Assist Project Team in developing/reviewing schedule corrective actions and recovery plans, and making sure needed actions/plans are implemented
- Provide direction and feedback to schedule engineers (owner and contractors) on schedule development and control expectations during execution
- Participates in gathering and recording Lessons Learned for the project that relate to progress and schedule areas
- Maintains regular contact with the Functional Organization
- Maintain close liaison with members of the organization
- Drives and promotes capital efficiency on projects being stewarded by the department
- Bachelors of Science Degree in Engineering, Engineering Technology or Construction Management
- Prior oil and gas industry experience preferred
- Experience in Project Controls, Project Services and/or Planning/Scheduling
- Supervisory experience required
- Willing to work overseas in a team environment, relocate to project site as required
- Strong influencing, consulting, mentoring, analytical, and computing skills
- Advanced competency in Primavera Project Planner (P6)
- Adaptability to changing priorities
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to multitask and respond quickly to urgent analysis requests
The successful candidate should be an Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident. Aboriginal candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Click the apply now button.
- To be considered for this role please add Sabrina Iman on Linked in