As a global leader within the energy business, who have been established for over 100 years, we are proud to be able to expand our UK team and have partnered with Airswift to support our recruitment plans.
We are currently recruiting for a Lead Process Engineer to join our team based in Woking, to work on an ever-growing Oil & Gas project.
What can we offer you
Fantastic opportunity to work for well-respected specialists within the Energy industry, on a thriving Oil & Gas project. Excellent rates, holiday accrual and hybrid working arrangements.
Key Responsibilities and background:
- Capable of performing general duties with no direct supervision and within agreed schedules and budgets.
- May undertake discrete specialist studies / technology reviews under supervision.
- Liaises with other disciplines to achieve design consistency.
- Supports the Project Management Team in planning, identifies technical issues that could limit progress and impact project budgets, and interfaces with the client.
- Principal Engineer is typically accountable to the Project Manager / Project Engineering Manager, depending on size and complexity of project.
- Corporate reporting line is to respective Departmental/Group Manager.
- As a Lead Engineer, execute process engineering design for feasibility, concept, FEED, detailed design or EPC projects.
- Can be technically responsible for all process engineering work and allocating supervising and directing deliverables. Subject to project size, will delegate some level of supervision and specific checking activities to appropriate competent personnel.
- Capable of formulating resolutions to technically challenging and/or high-profile issues, with support from Group Manager / Consultant Process Engineer or Project Engineering Manager, and effectively communicating with Clients and Senior Management.
- Reviews the ITB (Invitation to Bid) documents submitted in the proposals stage, prepares man-hour estimates and provides input to project execution plan.
- Supervises, reviews, and checks the process activities including Process Design Basis, Philosophies, Studies, Heat & Material Balances, PFDs & UFDs, PEDs, Process Systems including P&IDs, Flow Assurance, Relief and Flare Design, Process Datasheets & HAZOP Close Out. Identifies and resolves discrepancies and divergences from original proposal by raising technical queries with projects / client.
- Capable of participating in Factory Acceptance Test’s.
- Participates in multi-discipline Engineering Design Reviews and provides all necessary process engineering input and support to close out of actions.
- Identifies a clear scope of work and supervises preparation of the Technical Document Register (TDR). Responsible for planning/scheduling the process engineering activities and manpower resource. Quantifies the total number of engineering deliverables, man-hour allocation and format of delivery, and other requirements for execution of the work. Provides necessary regular project controls/ reporting input to Project Management.
- Provides support to Procurement including long lead items enquiry: prepares Technical Requisitions, reviews vendor documentation and provides Technical Bid Evaluation support to ensure design conformance.
- Ensures compatibility and conformance with client specifications and recommends cost effective improvements to equipment selection/specifications within the scope of client specifications and requirements.
- Participates in HAZOP meeting with the client and representatives of the other engineering disciplines.
- Consults Quality Assurance with any quality issues ensuring compliance with the client's ISO Quality procedures, Project Quality Plan and Design Integrity processes and procedures. Co-ordinates Internal and client audit requests and facilitates audit procedures of engineering systems within the department.
- Contributes to training and development of other staff including identifying employee strengths and weaknesses and recommends training and development requirements.
- Performs related duties as and when instructed by Direct Supervisor.
- Decisions limited to the scope of project requirement specifications. Consults with Supervisor on main issues of equipment specification and selection. May make recommendations on mobilization/demobilization of personnel. May perform recruitment tasks in identifying qualified engineers and designers.
- Manages typically five to thirty engineers (Principal to Juniors) in UK and overseas.
- Duties essentially performed in Main Office. Time spent in production of deliverables, supervision, planning, coordination and attending meetings. Required to travel to other client offices, Client’s offices, vendor workshops, and attend site visits as necessary, in accordance with corporate or project requirements.
Critical Skills & Personal Attributes:
- Master’s degree in chemical engineering.
- Chartered Status preferred. Significant related experience working for Engineering/Client organisations in the Oil and Gas Industry and/ or Low Carbon Energy Transition projects.
- Excellent coordination, monitoring and supervisory skills.
- Tactful in resolving issues.
- Budget Management & Cost awareness.
- Proactive approach.
- Attention to detail.
- Team player.
- Excellent Communication skills.
- Exposure to Consultancy, FEED/ Detailed Design and EPC projects.
- Knowledge of international equipment specifications and codes.
- In depth knowledge of standard international specifications and codes.
- Knowledge of Safety and Quality procedures.
- Activity Scheduling and discipline work priorities.
- Ability to meet schedules and deadlines.
- Multi-tasking abilities.
- Planning and forecasting ability.
- Analytical and problem-solving mind.
- Global work share experience.
The next step
We have an exceptional team in place, and we are pleased to be able to appoint a further person to our growing business. We are aware that you may not ‘tick all the boxes’, but if you believe you can genuinely offer some valuable skills and experience to our business, please in the first instance contact our recruitment partner Airswift, and the account manager, Richard Parker.