Lead/Senior Mechanical Designer – Brisbane, QLD
This position is envisioned to working with a team of experts that leads the way in the challenging mining and minerals processing industry, contributing to a diverse range of projects including concept studies, detailed design, procurement, construction, commissioning while enjoying a supportive, innovative, and safety-focused culture. Your career will thrive, and your impact will be felt on a global scale.
- Produce models and detailed technical drawings, in accordance with standards, policies and procedures.
- Facilitate design reviews and coordinate multi-discipline teams.
- Use your initiative and experience to deliver practical layout solutions and designs Ensure project time and cost are met - monitor effectiveness of designs, scheduling of work, resource requirements and review compliance with project schedule and client expectations.
- Liaise daily with Project Managers, Designers, Engineers, and clients.
- Provide technical guidance and leadership to junior team members.
- Demonstrate a high standard of personal safety and safe design practices.
- 10+ years relevant experience working on mining and minerals projects.
- An understanding of the key aspects of layout design. Simplicity, constructability, operability and cost effectiveness.
- Well-developed communication skills.
- Excellent attitude, team focus and commitment towards safety.
- Proficiency in MicroStation design software desirable.
- Relevant Diploma or Associate Degree advantageous.
- Innovative thinker with the ability to work autonomously to deadlines.