Airswift is seeking to invite an experienced LEGAL MANAGER in the oil and gas downstream sector to join one of our clients.
Responsibilities are but not limited to:
- Provide legal advice for Project Development, M&A, Joint Venture and legal affairs in the APAC region
- Draft, review and negotiate documentation for project development activities including joint venture and other partnership agreements, wide range of corporate and commercial contract, development services agreements, EPC contacts, O&M agreements
- Advise on project financing transactions within the Asia Pacific region, including the negotiation of loan and security documentation with financiers.
- Provide advice and counsel to both the business and technical teams involved in the development and execution of renewable energy projects, in consultation with other members of the Legal team and external counsel, as necessary
- Advise on corporate governance matters and ensure compliance with legal and regulatory requirements
- Active involvement in the legal and commercial analysis of acquisition and due diligence documentation
- Provide legal advice and support to corporate functions as well as day to day operational matters
- Proactively work with internal functions (Risk, Legal, Tax & Finance) to ensure successful project execution
- Assist with the management of ongoing project development activities with local partners and service providers
- Effectively work with external counsel when necessary and appropriate
- Degree/Masters in Law from reputed international university
- Qualification as legal practitioner in a common law jurisdiction with at least 10 – 15 years of relevant working experience preferably in the petrochemical or oil and gas industry in Singapore.
- Training and experience working in an internationally recognised law firm and currently working either as (a) an in-house counsel at a recognised energy or infrastructure company (preferably in the renewable energy sector) or (b) a senior associate specialising in energy project development/M&A at a top-ranked law firm
- Highest standards of professional ethics, integrity and judgment
- Transaction execution is an important part of this role and the ability to lead and manage transactions, multi-task and prioritise competing demands are essential attributes
- Extensive experience executing corporate and / or project development transactions in the Asia Pacific region
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills
- Strong cross-cultural communication skills
- Excellent teamwork skills and ability to partner with business and technical colleagues, external counsel and staff
- Proven ability to collaborate cross-functionally and to engage effectively with all levels of staff and management
- Ability to build trust and lead complex and demanding projects
- Highly organised, detail oriented, efficient, resourceful with strong follow-through and passion to "make things happen"
- Entrepreneurial with a desire to learn the business and function as part of a collaborative and interdisciplinary team