Location: Schiedam, Netherlands
Language: Fluent in English.
Key Words: Logistics, Exports, Import, Shipment, Supply Chain, EPC, Materials, Oil and Gas, Documentation, Customs.
Airswift is looking for a Logistics Coordinator to work with one of our major clients in Schiedam, Netherlands.
Day to day management of shipments by air, sea, and road, the provision of logistics support to internal and external stakeholders, management of subcontractors ensuring compliance to Company regulations and procedures, ensuring zero delays to construction activities are attributable to logistics delays. The Logistics Coordinator reports to Supply Chain Support Manager, Logistics Lead, Procurement Manager(s)
- Minimum of five (5) x years’ experience in an EPC project logistics environment preferably within the oil and gas sector
- Experienced in handling airfreight, ocean freight (containerized and breakbulk)
- Experience with import and export customs requirements within the oil and gas environment, including deliveries to and from fabrication yards operating under specific customs regimes (fabrication zones, free trade zones, etc.)
- Experience managing subcontractors such as Freight Forwarders.
- Good knowledge of INCO terms and associated rules.
- Fluent in the English language (written and oral).
- Ensuring logistics service delivery, including operational preparedness, execution and close out.
- Managing freight shipments and subcontractors (freight forwarders) on a day-to-day basis whilst ensuring Company systems are fully updated with regards to cargo status and documentation.
- Reviewing and approving shipping documents.
- Executing logistics performance to ensure it meets project requirement whilst following and complying with company procedures, customs and excise regulations, and trade compliance in all countries of operation.
- Keeps fully abreast of customs rules and regulations including the investigation of the applicable VAT procedures both domestic and abroad.
- Communicating effectively with group and management team on activities, projections cargo status.
- Produces technical documents such as logistics plans, scopes of work etc and reports as required by project.
- Initiates, prepares, coordinates, and participates in jobsite surveys and freight operations (as required). Determines restrictions and/or limitations on the modes of transportation imposed by national and/or international regulations.
- Advises project procurement team, material suppliers, carriers, forwarding agents of the documentation flow and operating procedures in respect to delivery terms and material movement (packing, marking, shipping and invoicing instructions) as far as applicable.
- Defines/reviews modes of (proposed) shipment, material description and shipping terms and conditions to ensure that correct rates and routes are used. Coordinate with Expediting that all inspection release copies and/or authorities for movements are issued to the project logistics group in a timely manner.
- Review and approves subcontractor technical documentation such as risk assessment and method statements.
- Manages subcontractors including maintaining relationships, monitoring KPIs, compliance, insurances, invoice approvals, dispute resolution.
- Provides information for transport insurance purposes and ensures all shipments are handled in such a way as to ensure validity of insurances including vessel assurance checks.
Education & Training Requirements
- In possession of relevant experience at an appropriate level in a similar role.
- Analytical and accurate.
- Fluent in English both written and aural.
- Competent in use of MS Word and Excel.
Required Personal Skills
- Self-motivator, administratively organized / accurate, flexible attitude and capable of standalone working.
- Capable of relationship building within their team and intercompany departments.
- Effective communication and reporting skills with internal and external contacts.
- Ability to deal with resistance and stress.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Team player leads by example, high ethical standards.
- Experience with cargo shipping by air, sea and road, delivery terms (INCOTERMS), transport conditions, packing, foreign transport, transport of oversized (heavy lift) equipment and transport/marine insurance.
- High level of knowledge regarding local customs procedures.
- Cost conscious with legal awareness.
The next steps
We have an exceptional team in place, and we are pleased to be able to appoint a further person to our growing business. We are aware that you may not ‘tick all the boxes,’ but if you believe you can genuinely offer some valuable skills and experience to our business, please in the first instance then please contact our recruitment partner Pedro Calcagno at email@example.com