MACHINERY HEAD - UTILITIES/INLETS
Airswift is an international workforce solutions provider within the energy, process, and infrastructure industries. Airswift serves as a strategic partner to our clients, offering a turnkey workforce solution to capture and deliver the top talent needed to complete successful projects by aligning with the unique needs of our clients. With over 800 employees and 6,000 contractors operating in over 50 countries, our geographical reach and pool of talent available is unmatched in the industry
Airswift is seeking for Machinery Head - Utilities/Inlets - to work in Qatar with a major Oil & Gas Company.
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering or equivalent.
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in machinery design, fabrication, installation and commissioning in a major LNG project with at least 4 years in a supervisory capacity and working in a major LNG project environment, with detailed knowledge of pumps, compressors, turbines, heat exchangers, pipes and pipe fitting.
- Previous experience working with large Gas Turbines (Frame 9s and Frame 6s) and large Steam Turbines is preferred.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plans and supervises all mechanical, machinery maintenance, machine shop work and general fabrication activities for all North Field Expansion (NFE) Onshore Project activities for all static and rotating equipment, by initiating minor modifications, designs and overseeing fabrication works and the utilisation of specialised machines such as lathes, drilling, grinding, cutting and welding machines.
- Reviews and processes work activities, discussing and determining priorities in conjunction with Heads of Process, Electrical, Mechanical, Facility and Maintenance Engineering together with Operations and Engineering Advisors to ensure that project deliverables are met.
- Provides guidance to EPC contractor to complete machinery design per project specifications.
- Coordinates significant interface between key vendors (BHGE, Siemens, MHI, etc) and EPC contractor to ensure quality and execution objectives are met.
- Reviews recommended modifications, prepares reports on technical feasibility, standardising compatible materials wherever possible.
- Liaises with production, safety, logistics and construction personnel to coordinate all activities including scheduling, isolation, transportation, material requirements and development of contingency plans to ensure project remains on schedule and within agreed costs.
- Initiates material procurement requests and provides detailed material specifications to ensure that work is carried out in accordance with specifications and safety regulations.
- Coordinates and supervises site fabrication works including communicating with contractors and vendors during the planning stage and execution of the job.
- Drives delivery of Long Lead Machinery scope to ensure that project schedule is not delayed.
If you are keen and interested with the role, you may apply to our website or share your updated resume to email@example.com .