Mechanical Design Engineer – Jupiter, FL
Airswift is an international workforce solutions provider within the energy, process, and infrastructure industries. Airswift serves as a strategic partner to our clients, offering a turnkey workforce solution to capture and deliver the top talent needed to complete successful projects by aligning with the unique needs of our clients. With over 800 employees and 6,000 contractors operating in over 50 countries, our geographical reach and pool of talent available is unmatched in the industry, and the level of experience, exposure, and expertise that the organization has is unparalleled.
Our client is seeking a Mechanical Design Engineer to work within their facilities in Jupiter, FL for a 1-year assignment.
Qualified individuals will have previous experience in Mechanical design engineering. This individual will work independently and perform activities associated with the Standard Design Process (SDP). Individuals will support capital modification implementation and turnover, including outage or emergent modifications. This individual will manage engineering vendor activities, including developing specifications, statements of work, bid evaluations, owner acceptance reviews, and coordinate engineering vendors onsite. Knowledge of regulatory, industry standards and codes and the 10 CFR 50.59 process will be essential for this role. Experience with drafting, pumps, valves, heat exchangers, ISI/IST, ASME Section II, VIII and XI, ADL Pipe (or similar) and pipe stress analysis is preferred but not required.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Performs highly complex engineering tasks that require knowledge and experience with nuclear industry standards and regulations
- Leads discussions in a group setting to resolve problems or coordinate design production
- Applies nuclear industry standards and regulations to solve new problems and address situations
- Serves as technical liaison within the nuclear business unit
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned
- Prepares and reviews Engineering Change packages per the Standard Design Process
- Bachelor's - Engineering
- Experience: 5-8 years
- Nuclear Experience: Minimum of 3 years