We are currently seeking a suitably experienced and qualified Mechanical Engineer with a background in delivering materials handling focused projects to join our Tier 1 EPCM client to work across various sustaining capital projects. This position will drive and deliver safe and sustainable ‘fit for purpose’ mechanical engineering services within the high-performing mechanical projects team. The role will be offered an initial 12-month contract and be based out of my clients’ facilities within the Perth CBD.
Your responsibilities will include;
Mechanical Engineer Responsibilities:
- Input into mechanical designs aligned with project scope.
- Perform mechanical engineering services, including:
- Prepare detailed deliverables: drawings, specifications, scopes of work, calculations, technical reports, datasheets, tender documentation, requisitions, estimates, budgets, and schedules for scope variation and technical queries.
- Conduct studies/optioneering, analyse solutions, and recommend suitable actions.
- Review supplier data and liaise with mechanical equipment suppliers.
- Undertake tender bid evaluations.
- Provide input and advice during procurement, construction, and commissioning activities.
- Uphold the change management process, ensuring compliance with policy, regulatory requirements, and scope.
- Produce high-quality, well-structured technical reports documenting study findings, results, and recommendations.
- Participate and contribute to project reviews, HAZIDs/HAZOPs, and safety in design workshops.
- Proactively seek an understanding of safety hazards and risks associated with the asset lifecycle.
- Take responsibility for action and closeout of safety-related matters.
Mechanical Engineer Qualifications and Skills:
- Holds an Australian-recognized Bachelor qualification in mechanical engineering.
- Eligible for Engineers Australia membership.
- Extensive experience in Resource sector projects.
- In-depth involvement across all phases of engineering projects, from feasibility/conceptual studies to detailed design and execution.
- Willingness to attend site intermittently for project familiarization, data collection, asset assessments, inspections, and construction/commissioning support.
- Specialized experience in materials handling systems (conveyors, stockyards, material screening/crushing), including:
- Equipment sizing and selection.
- Knowledge of bulk material flow properties and design fundamentals of bulk material storage and transfer infrastructure.
- Experience with input into plant layout and design, considering operations and maintenance, including awareness of AS 4024 and other discipline requirements.
Competent in the use of relevant software, including:
- MS Office Suite.
- Discipline-specific software such as Sidewinder/Beltstat (highly desirable), AFT Fathom/Fluid Flow 3, Ansys Rocky, Navisworks, and PDFXchange/Bluebeam/Adobe Suite.
Airswift is an international workforce solutions provider within the energy, process and infrastructure industries. Airswift serves as a strategic partner to our clients, offering a turnkey workforce solution to capture and deliver the top talent needed to complete successful projects by aligning with the unique needs of our clients.
With over 1000 employees and 9,000+ contractors operating in over 70 countries, our geographical reach and pool of talent available is unmatched in the industry and the level of experience, exposure and expertise that the organization has is unparalleled.
Only candidates located within Australia, with full Australian working rights will be considered.
If you would like to be considered for the position, please apply direct to this advertisement with your CV & contact details or contact Tiffany Kew directly via email@example.com