Our client seeks an experienced Mechanical Engineer to join the client's Rome, Italy for a 2 years contract.
We are looking for candidates with the drive and commitment to make a genuine difference in our performance to ensure that the company continues to differentiate itself from competitors by delivering quality service to our client’s requirements.
Responsible for reviewing vendor technical evaluation and deviation list from company standards for rotating equipment such as compressors, pumps and gas turbines.
Key Responsibilities and Duties
- Review rotating equipment datasheets and supporting documentation.
- Responsible to participate in the technical clarification meeting with vendors.
- Design and implement cost-effective equipment modifications to help improve safety, reliability and throughput.
- Develop a project specification with colleagues, often including those from other engineering disciplines.
- Develop, test and evaluate theoretical designs.
- Discuss and solve complex problems with manufacturing departments, sub-contractors, suppliers and customers
- Manage projects using engineering principles and techniques.
- Plan and design new production processes.
- Produce details of specifications and outline designs.
- Recommend modifications following prototype test results.
- Use research, analytical, conceptual and planning skills, particularly mathematical modeling and computer-aided design.
- Consider the implications of issues such as cost, safety and time constraints.
- Monitor and commission plant and systems.
Educational & Technical Requirements:
• Bachelor Degree in Engineering discipline
• 10-15 years of experience in Oil and Gas industry petrochemical project
• Good working knowledge of procedures and International standards
• Good knowledge of English, both written and verbal
• Advanced computer skills with MS-Office
• Excellent communication skills
• Plan & Organize
• Analyze & Solve problems
• Communicating openly & effectively
• Intercultural Awareness
• Incorporate Technical Knowledge