Our client, a major Oil & Gas company, is seeking a Mechanical Engineer – Carbon Capture to work a 1-year contract in Calgary. This position will be based in Calgary but may require 10% travel to the Facility south of Fort McMurray.
Looking for a senior mechanical engineer with experience in large capital projects, and ideally some carbon capture experience/knowledge.
This position targets a mechanical discipline engineer who will be the single point of contact representing the mechanical discipline. The candidate will provide general Mechanical Engineering support for FEL 1 assurance of the Carbon Capture Project
- Become familiar with the asset, specifically the steam generation unit, overall CPF, and pipelines.
- Review and conduct technical assurance of FEL 1 deliverables and studies
- Support project management team and engineering contractor in the development of deliverables, providing client-side support and ensuring the engineering contractor is delivering as per the Scope of Work.
- Attend and actively participate in meetings as the primary mechanical engineering representative on the project team and build relationships with the engineering contractors' mechanical and civil/structural engineering counterparts
- Identify any constraints which pose a risk to the assurance of deliverables or meeting of project schedule/objectives to the mechanical engineering team lead
- Identify any additional resources or SME’s required to support or assure FEL-1 engineering deliverables and studies. This may include leveraging inhouse civil/structural engineering SME’s.
- Leverage local and Global Production SME’s for design troubleshooting and evaluation of new technologies
- Experience in the specification of both static and rotating mechanical equipment
- Experience in the specification and design of low-pressure ducting, compressors, absorber columns, CO2 pipelines and Carbon Capture technologies, specifically amine-based carbon capture.
- Management of Change practices
- Project management practices and program-based execution, with ability to establish and manage priorities
- Understanding of construction, commissioning, and start-up activities
- Project design practice, including risk and hazard assessment and mitigation, understanding P&ID’s, PFD’s, ISO’s, GA’s, pressure vessel, tank, heat exchanger, and fired equipment design
- Strong Facility and Pipeline knowledge over shale and SAGD developments
- Strong knowledge of field operations in Oil Sands (SAGD) and unconventional (shale) assets
- Recognized degree in Engineering from an accredited university
- 15+ years experience in Mechanical Engineering
- 3+ years’ operations experience preferably in SAGD, Heavy Oil, Conventional Oil & Gas
- Experience with Carbon Capture technologies, specifically amine-based carbon capture process.
- Active professional membership with APEGA
- Working knowledge of Canadian and industry Codes and Standards, including but not limited to: ASME 31.1 & B31.3, ASME Section VIII Div. I/II, CSA Z662, CSA B149.1/3, API 650, API 653, API 579, TEMA
- Working knowledge of provincial acts and regulations and associated regulatory bodies such as AB AER.