Sabine Pass, Texas, United States
Oil & Gas - Onshore Oil
Engineering & Design
October 24, 2023
Our client, a major Oil & Gas Company is seeking a Mechanical Engineer II to work in Sabine Pass, TX within their facilities for a 1-year contract (possible to extend).
• Responsible for all mechanical package equipment design for the project-wide scope (including brownfield modifications) considering the full life cycle of the equipment.
• Make sure compliance with critical pipe stress calculations results aligned with equipment and piping layout and placement including pipe supports configurations.
• Works with the E&R Group to ensures compliance with all FERC permits/requirements and code compliance.
• Review, assess, and approve Mechanical field engineering design changes. Perform field surveillance of mechanical package installation (placement and layout) monitoring compliance with project specifications.
• Interface with Construction and Quality personnel to provide expertise in the resolution of non-conformance reports, evaluation of specification deviations including field design change requests.
• Monitor Contractor’s mechanical package installation execution, cleaning activities, punch list, and completion.
Qualifications and Experience:
• Broad and extensive knowledge and experience on:
? Previous proven experience on Large Projects Design, Construction, Commissioning, and Startup.
? Multiple large projects experience as mechanical lead or mechanical engineer in multiple disciplines areas: Piping, Piping Supports, Valves, Pressure Vessels, Heat Exchangers, pumps, fans, motors, Instrumentations and Control (basic), Coating, Thermal Insulation, Material, Equipment Integrity, and equipment operations.
? Lead technical complex discussion on design, construction execution challenges, specification deviations, technical queries, and discussion with Regulatory parties and other project teams: Construction, Quality, Operations & Maintenance, Contractors, and Vendors.
? Excellent knowledge and proven competency on Design standards, specifications, codes, and appropriate safety criteria.
? Knowledge, competency, and experience on the following areas: o Piping ASME Codes B31.1 (Power Steam High Pressure System) o B31.3 (Process Piping, including Piping Stress Analysis) o ASME and API related to Flange, Valves, and Piping Components including Valves design, selection, and troubleshooting. o Applicable API or other Industry Standards, practices, and local regulations requirements (API 6D, API 532, API 560, API 579, API 620, API 625, API 650, API 583, API 936, API 2000, ASME B16.1, B16.5, B16.20, B16.21, B16.34, ASME BPVC Sections: I, II, IX, VIII Div. 1 and 2, PPC-1, PCC-2, STS-1, Regulatory requirements from FERC, PHMSA, TDLR, and TCEQ).
• Bachelor’s Degree in engineering.
• 15+ years of closely related professional experience, 5+ years of which should be at the senior engineering level in large projects and experience carrying out field outlined activities described on tasks and responsibility section above.
• Strong leadership, influencing, and interpersonal skills.
• Excellent communication skills and ability to read, write, and speak fluent English.