We are currently recruiting experienced Mechanical Rolling Stock Engineers to work for a Tier 1 Rail & Rolling Stock organisation on a portfolio of projects. Roles are available at the Mid-level and Senior Engineer level.
Location- Brisbane, QLD
- Design and checking/review of rail components and systems ensuring they conform to required standards – including engineering specifications, mechanical calculations, design layouts, cost estimates.
- Providing specialist engineering guidance and expertise related to the rolling stock / locomotive discipline
- Support design, procurement, planning, production, testing and maintenance domains
- Development of integration plans
- Assurance of new systems and operating procedures
- Diagnose and correct failures and deficiencies within existing rolling stock
- Assist in improving maintenance processes, strategies, scopes of work and modifications to improve rolling stock safety, performance, reliability and cost
- Mechanical Engineering Degree and eligibility for RPEQ
- 3+ years' experience in the rolling stock design
- Experience in the design and manufacture of rolling stock and interrelated systems
- Experience in working in either a new-build or operational / service environment
- Understanding of interrelated systems and subsystems such as brakes, HVAC, traction systems, train control systems, signalling etc.)
- CAD Design experience