Key Skills: Modularization / Heavy Lift and Transport
Location: Wilton, Redcar
Contract: 12 month contract
Salary / Package: PAYE hourly rate, plus holiday accrual
Recruitment Partner: Airswift Account Manager: Natalie Quinn
Key words: Modularization / Heavy Lift and Transport
As a global leading provider of engineering, procurement and construction management expertise to the energy, chemicals, and resources sectors we are proud to be able to expand our UK team and have partnered with Airswift to support our recruitment plans.
What can we offer you
Exciting opportunity to join our busy project team, with excellent rates, plus holiday accrual and hybrid working arrangements available.
We are currently recruiting for a Modularisation/HLT Engineer to join our team based in Wilton, Redcar. This is a PAYE contract role for an initial 12-month period, with rate to be discussed.
Key Responsibilities and background:
The Modularization / Heavy Lift and Transport Engineer will have the prime responsibility of supporting the Construction Lead by providing specialist input and technical expertise into assigned DEFINE phase engineering scopes by leveraging their detailed modularization / heavy lift & transport knowledge and experience.
- Implement and uphold the company's construction methods, procedures, and practices, particularly regarding design input, quality assurance, safety, personnel management, and industrial relations.
- Adhere to the Overall Health, Safety, and Environmental (HSE) Policy and Construction Execution Strategy for the Project.
- Collaborate with the Construction Lead to formulate construction procedures, execution strategies, plans, and tools relating to modularization / heavy lift & transport activities for assigned scopes.
- Be a subject matter expert when defining modularization program goals and prioritization for development.
- Establish modularization strategies for assigned scopes in conjunction with the Construction Lead and Construction Engineer. Engage with external stakeholders to refine and fully detail the strategy as required.
- Offer technical support for modularization, pre-assembly, pre-dressing, and module yard assessments. Participate in Fabrication Yard due diligence visits to evaluate capabilities.
- Develop shipping strategies and provide technical support for equipment transportation.
- Arrange and coordinate route surveys with specialist contractors.
- Develop preliminary critical lifting and transportation studies using AutoCAD at a level of detail to support Define phase engineering.
- Contribute to scope specific constructability programs, including input into formal constructability reviews, report generation, and action item closure.
- Review engineering deliverables to ensure integration of modularization / heavy lift & transport considerations.
- Support the construction readiness process by ensuring gate criteria readiness and thorough documentation of execution risk mitigations.
- Attend key project, engineering and lesson learnt reviews and provide modularization / heavy lift & transport input into the reviews.
- Assess construction risks and logistics throughout the design process, providing modularization / heavy lift & transport input into HAZID and HAZCON studies.
- Assist the Construction Lead in preparing progress reports as needed to demonstrate effective scope management.
- Ensure the safe, efficient, and timely completion of all modularization / heavy lift and transport activities in accordance with the project schedule.
- Contribute to the planning process and help develop scope specific modularization / heavy lift & transport schedules
- Actively participate in Construction and Project related improvement initiatives.
- Promote inter-disciplinary and inter-function coordination to enhance project efficiency.
- Provide input to wider project teams during the development of processes and procedures for subsequent project phases.
- Keep up to date with current construction technologies and industry practices, recommending their incorporation into construction execution strategies where appropriate
- Contribute to the development of scope specific temporary facilities plans particularly in relation to required spacing for modularization / heavy lift & transport activities.
- Experience in a similar Modularization / Heavy Lift and Transport Engineer role within the construction industry.
- Possess a recognized background in modularization / heavy lift and transport, demonstrating proficiency and expertise in the field.
- Conversant with project management systems with a sound understanding of construction practices and procedures, particularly those relating to modularization and heavy lift and transport works
- Display an understanding of how all components within a project scope integrate and interface with one another and can demonstrate the ability to effectively manage these elements, ensuring successful project outcomes from conception to site execution.
- A methodical approach to work, ensuring a consistent high-level of output with a meticulous attention to detail and accuracy.
- Proven ability to work independently while maintaining effectiveness and efficiency.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbally and in writing, with the ability to facilitate effective interaction between team members and stakeholders.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills to tackle complex challenges.
- Commitment to project and company goals, with a focus on delivering results.
- Possess comprehensive knowledge of project-specific execution strategies and the capacity to tailor them to meet challenging project objectives and deliverables.
The next step
We have an exceptional team in place, and we are pleased to be able to appoint a further person to our growing business. We are aware that you may not ‘tick all the boxes’, but if you believe you can genuinely offer some valuable skills and experience to our business, please in the first instance contact our recruitment partner Airswift, and the account manager Natalie Quinn