Key Skills: Construction
Contract: 12 months
Salary / Package: PAYE hourly rate, plus holiday accrual
Recruitment Partner: Airswift Account Manager: Natalie Quinn
Key words: Construction, Mining
As a global leading provider of engineering, procurement and construction management expertise to the energy, chemicals, and resources sectors we are proud to be able to expand our UK team and have partnered with Airswift to support our recruitment plans.
What can we offer you
Exciting opportunity to join our busy project team, with excellent rates, plus holiday accrual and hybrid working arrangements available.
Key Responsibilities and background:
Construction Superintendent will be based at Whitby on-site on a 12 month contract basis.
The Underground Superintendent will oversee the delivery of construction activities so as to meet the required standards and specifications, and to support the scope on site.
- Ensure safe, efficient and structured delivery of all construction activities in accordance with the Project schedule.
- Ensure the mobilisation and de-mobilisation of resources to meet schedule requirements.
- Ensure all personnel are competent and compliant to T&C matrix and possess the required qualifications / skills for the specific scope of work
- Audit/review of construction process ensuring where applicable recommendations are implemented.
- Ensure MOC (Management of Change) compliance and adherence throughout project lifecycle.
- Ensuring Execution plan gate criteria readiness and demonstration of mitigation to execution risks.
- Review the Contractor’s Quality Assurance & Inspection plans.
- Maintain Company inspection, monitoring & hold points.
- Ensure all works are carried out in accordance with the approved QAP/QIP & Contract Terms.
- Inspect works for technical compliance with drawings, specifications & scopes of work.
- Highlight deficiencies, initiate & close out non-conformance reports.
- Input to schedules as requested by the Construction Planner.
- Review of Contractor Schedules.
- Review & verification of Contractors’ progress report prior to update by the Construction Planner.
- Instigate Field Change Procedure as required.
- Understanding commercial terms involved on EPCM projects.
- Ability to negotiate contractual matters, attention to detail.
- Ability to think analytically and logically.
- Ability to prepare budgets and forecasts.
- Ability to form & foster collaborative relationships within the business and externally.
- Ability to assess working conditions and environment.
- Understanding equipment application.
- Ability to recognize potential engineering hazards and risks.
- Understanding environmental responsibilities.
- Understanding the operation of appropriate physical plant.
Critical Skills & Personal Attributes:
- Recognized discipline background.
- Management experience in the Mining or Engineering Construction Industry including underground mine development.
- A working understanding of the 2014 Mining Regulations and how they impact role.
- Ability to communicate effectively with the Stakeholders involved in the Project both verbally & in writing. Methodical work ethic; ensuring consistency in output. Capable of working independently.
- Fully conversant with Project Management Systems with extensive knowledge of Project Hook Up/Construction/Commissioning practices and procedures.
- Staff management experience (knowledge transfer).
- Excellent communications skills.
- Attention to detail and high level of accuracy.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrable experience in similar role or senior position in Construction Management.
- Extensive knowledge of the underground mining development construction process, its implementation and management.
- Ability to deliver training to personnel within the construction team – commitment to develop team members.
- Delivery focused and committed to achievement of project/company goals.
- A strong communication, networking, collaboration and well-developed team-working skills, especially in multi-discipline and multi-cultural teams.
- A full knowledge of project specific execution strategies, and the ability to develop them to meet challenging project objectives and deliverables.
- An ‘Incident Free’ mind-set, and be a role model for their project team (Direct/Indirect hires).
- A proven HSSE leadership in managing and delivering large complex onshore projects.
- A full understanding of how all elements of the project scope integrate and interface with each other and are managed to successfully deliver the right project outcome - from construction, and through to commissioning and handover to operations.
The next step
We have an exceptional team in place, and we are pleased to be able to appoint a further person to our growing business. We are aware that you may not ‘tick all the boxes’, but if you believe you can genuinely offer some valuable skills and experience to our business, please in the first instance contact our recruitment partner Airswift, and the account manager Natalie Quinn