Airswift is an international workforce solutions provider within the energy, process and infrastructure industries. Airswift serves as a strategic partner to our clients, offering a turnkey workforce solution to capture and deliver the top talent needed to complete successful projects by aligning with the unique needs of our clients. With over 800 employees and 6,000 contractors operating in over 50 countries, our geographical reach and pool of talent available is unmatched in the industry and the level of experience, exposure and expertise that the organization has is unparalleled.
Our client is seeking for Network Administrator to work on their latest project in Perth WA.
Our client is a leading service provider located in Perth WA who are committed to providing cutting-edge solutions to their clients. We are currently seeking a skilled and experienced Network Administrator to join their IT team and ensure the smooth operation of the network systems.
As a Network Administrator, you will play a pivotal role in designing, implementing, and maintaining our network infrastructure. You will be responsible for managing both local and wide-area networks, ensuring their availability, security, and optimal performance. This role requires a strong technical background, attention to detail, and the ability to work collaboratively with cross-functional teams. This will a 6 to 12-month contract with potential extension.
- Design, implement, and manage the company's network infrastructure, including routers, switches, firewalls, and other network devices.
- Monitor network performance and security, identifying and resolving issues in a timely manner.
- Configure and maintain network services, such as DHCP, DNS, and VPN.
Perform routine network maintenance tasks, including updates, patches, and backups.
- Collaborate with the IT team to plan and execute network upgrades and expansions.
- Provide technical support to end-users for network-related issues, troubleshooting and resolving problems as needed.
- Conduct regular network assessments and audits to ensure compliance with security policies and industry best practices.
- Stay up-to-date with the latest developments in network technologies and recommend improvements to enhance the network's efficiency and security.
- Document network configurations, procedures, and troubleshooting steps.
- 6 Years industry experience, 3 years supporting networking infrastructure (Cisco & Juniper networks).
- Well-developed customer service skills.
- Sound communication skills (verbal, written, reporting).
- Experience of network infrastructure architecture ranging from conceptual level through to physical and logical design.
- Experience with dual-stack networks and routing protocols.
- Understanding of LAN, WAN, and wireless networking technologies to support infrastructure solutions and designs, including associated components and protocol requirements.
- Understanding of IT Service Management frameworks (e.g. ITIL)
- Operational experience and working knowledge of the following (but not limited to) technologies :
- Cisco and Juniper switches and firewalls
- Cisco wireless
- Layer 2 and 3 routing & redundancy protocols
- Windows Server infrastructure and Active Directory
- Forward & reverse proxies
- Network monitoring, backup, and alerting tools
This role is based in Perth, and as such only Perth-based candidates with full working rights can be considered.