Brooklyn, United States
Oil & Gas - Onshore Oil
September 8, 2023
Our client, a major Oil & Gas Company is seeking an Office Coordinator to work within their facilities located in Long Beach, NY for a Long term contract.
• Front Desk/Reception
• Greet all employees and visitors entering the main reception door, ensuring all procedures for entry are completed (e.g., advance registration, proper credentials assigned, and approvals received).
• Administer safety orientation to all visitors and identify fire exits in event of emergency evacuation.
• Maintain office distribution list for building access cards and ID badges for new personnel, and re-order as needed.
• Answer and screen calls, and forward to appropriate staff.
• Coverage of reception area and phones during working hours (8:00 AM to 5:00 PM) is required. Office Administration
• Maintain relationships with vendors to ensure timely deliveries and troubleshooting.
• Manage inventory for office/kitchen supplies and use judgement in selecting items that reflect best cost and quality.
• Enter service tickets into the tenant/building system as required for necessary services (i.e., cleaning, temperature control, physical damage, etc.)
• Receive all incoming mail and packages from USPS, FedEx, UPS, DHL and notify recipients; assist with outgoing items.
Coordinate all catering requests and be responsible for tracking delivery, payment, and quality of catering for future orders.
• Ensure public spaces, like kitchenette or conference rooms are tidy and presentable.
• Support employees with meeting room booking system and resolving space conflicts or errors.
• Provide support, coordination, and guidance for travel in the area (e.g., how to use NYC Subway, arrange car service to airports, maintain list of safe and reliable local hotels, etc.).
• Help manage office seating for visitors and regular attending project team members Community Affairs Support
• Work closely with Community Affairs Director to prepare for and host community events at the office
• Prepare and stage materials for visitors to enhance their knowledge of the project
• Serve as the project docent for visiting community members
• Oversee community response; fielding and responding to emails, phone calls, and visitors
• Assist the Community Affairs Director with special projects as assigned
• Assist the Editorial board on the bi-weekly creation of the Empire Energizer Community Newsletter
• Manage Community Response database
• High school diploma or equivalent
• Minimum of 2 years’ experience in reception, office administration, or similar work
• Bilingual proficiency in Spanish a plus
• Exceptional customer service skills with ability to work with diverse groups of people, handle sensitive requests, and escalate issues, if necessary
• Able to exercise good judgement and discretion, as well as handle and protect confidential information.
• Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks
• Working knowledge of Microsoft suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Teams & Outlook)
• Knowledge of SAP helpful (Ability to quickly learn various business systems, like SAP, is acceptable in lieu of working knowledge)