Position title: Piping Stress Engineer
Working Location: Naza Tower, Kuala Lumpur
Project name: NFPS
Tenure: 1 year contract renewable basis
Salary Offered: Open for negotiation.
- To independently handle the piping stress analysis and support design activities, prepare, manage, and produce the critical engineering deliverables for the assigned project (that may include short term assignment to Construction, Commissioning and Offshore) effectively and efficiently according to the specified technical requirements, timelines and within budget, and deal independently with and resolve all the issues of the project.
- Works independently to perform the assigned task and develops solution to technical/engineering and related problems by analyzing the issue or data, interpreting the analysis, and evaluating various options/measures using experience, precedents, and professional references with minimal or no supervision or guidance.
- Understands technical requirements of project specifications and standards, local statutory and regulatory requirements, Classification society requirements and applicable codes and standard industry practices to carry out the piping activities and prepare piping deliverables for assigned project.
- Prepares piping stress analysis specification by using the company’s corporate specifications and modifying suitably to meet the project specific requirements.
- Reviews piping isometrics and participates in 3D Model reviews.
- Carries out the piping stress analysis of all critical lines using the project specific data and environment conditions at fabrication yard, during transport and at operating location of facility, to satisfy the project and applicable code requirements.
- Prepares data sheets and details for spring supports taking inputs from stress analysis report.
- Carries out surge analysis for cargo offloading system, sea water lift pump system and fire water system, and reviews the engineering contractor prepared documents and piping arrangement layout drawings.
- Carries out acoustic induced vibration analysis for the system having large sound power levels. In addition, the design guidance should be provided to the engineering contractor on the result of vibration analysis.
- Co-ordinates with engineering contractor to implement flexibility analysis findings in selection of piping support regarding support type, loads on restraints and special support requirements.
- Reviews the isometric of all stress critical lines to verify the support locations, support type is in line with flexibility analysis report and are adequate to withstand the expected loading conditions.
- Provides technical support and advice to construction yard and commissioning work at site. Where necessary, provides off-site support and advice.
- When assigned to construction site, checks, and verifies the piping supports are constructed and installed as per isometrics and support drawing details ensuring support functionality in operating condition and provide resolutions to piping material queries originated from construction site.
- Supports the Lead Piping Engineer and assist in preparing lessons learned during execution of project for further processing through MIMS.
- Shares the knowledge and experience with team members and guides the engineers in carrying out the assigned task in right and efficiently.
- Bachelor's in mechanical engineering or Master of Engineering. Alternatively Diploma in Mechanical Engineering with relevant years of experience.
- Minimum 10-12 years of relevant working experience in piping engineering in oil and gas sector, preferably in FPSO or Offshore processing facilities.
- List any special language requirement besides English and any fundamental software skill(s) required by this job.