We are working with a Major Oil & Gas operator to source for Piping Superintendent - Hydrotesting (Night Shift). The position will be based at site and is responsible and accountable for Night Shift piping fabrication, installation, and testing activities as well as general Night Shift coordination pertaining to the scope of EPC-1 at RLIC Site through hand-over to the Commissioning and Completion Teams in accordance with the Completion Sequence.
This is a long-term contract role working on a residential basis 6-days per week / 10 hours per day. Please see details below:
Title: Piping Superintendent - Hydrotesting (Night Shift)
Start Date: Negotiable (typically within 1 month notice)
Duration: 36 months (potential for extension)
Location: Site (Ras Laffan Industrial City), Qatar
Working Schedule: 6-days per week / 10 hours per day
- Reports to Head Construction Superintendent – Night Shift (NFE Onshore Project EPC 1).
- This position is located at RLIC Site to supervise the execution of the fabrication and construction works, ensuring compliance with the approved construction sequence and a seamless transition with the pre-commissioning, then commissioning activities.
- The position shall interact daily with its counterpart at EPC-1 Contractor on the premise that both COMPANY and EPC-1 Contractor have “mirror” organizations.
- The position includes the review, comment and approval of construction related deliverables submitted by the EPC-1 Contractor.
- Responsible and accountable to review, comment, and approve construction execution and related procedure specifications, and deliverables prepared by the EPC-1 CONTRACTOR
- Leadership and “work as a team” behaviour and attitude towards EPC-1 CONTRACTOR as as its Subcontractors to achieve Project objectives
- Visibility to the team to better achieve safe construction execution and transition to commissioning.
- Work in a dynamic team environment that has high expectations for Project Execution in safety, quality, cost and schedule performances, which requires the incumbent to demonstrate capacity to take workload, work with accuracy, take initiatives, be inventive and have the ability to multi-task.
- Working effectively within established procedures and participates in all important meetings and workshops (e.g. weekly and monthly meetings).
Experience Required: Qualifications:
- Technical background as a discipline engineer, Project Engineer, Field Engineer, or Construction Superintendent, Construction Manager with solid Project Execution experience
- Minimum of ten (10) years experience in Project Execution, with a strong background in fabrication, construction and management of large green field construction activities.
- Proven experience with Advanced Work Packaging (AWP) methodology and systems completion management.
- Experience with multi-cultural type Projects.
- Experience with LNG Projects
- Good organizational, planning, communication, and execution skills
- Computer literacy (MS Office, SAP)
- Developed coordination and planning skills.
- Well-developed interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate with several organisational levels