Construction and Maintain 12 miles of snow trails in extreme remote Alaska to and from Client sites on the snow trail system.
- Maintain trail routes and log GPS routes.
- Produce daily reports and manifests
- Install temporary trail delineation markers for the established intersections that coincide with GPS locates
- Install signage at all trail heads, notifying all users of their personal liability
- Transport Passengers/Freight between the islands and onshore
- The purpose for utilizing these units is to transport material, supplies, personnel and other goods from one remote location on the ice trails to remote job sites.
- Training provided for operator, trainee/laborer (all the operating functions)
- Load the sleds and toboggans being pulled by the Pisten Bully’s to provide a balanced load while traveling across the ice to guarantee the best efficiency for operations
Knowledge and Critical Skills/Expertise:
- Operate all the electronics on the PB’s
- Learn the operational “Safety Rules” on the Do’s & Don’ts during training
- Minimum 2 years’ operating experience on heavy / light equipment or equivalent
- Knowledge of the mechanical components on the PB’s
- Knowledge to navigate permitted trails required by industry standards
- Below freezing weather conditions
- Operating PB’s in white out conditions
- Applicant will be subject to environmental conditions of extreme cold, noise exposure, constantly changing work environment, irregular surfaces, slippery surfaces, moving equipment, open excavations, temporary structures, and general construction hazards.