Airswift has been tasked by one of our major pharmaceutical clients to seek a Plant Engineer to work in Berkeley, CA, for a 6-month assignment.
- Provide the necessary technical expertise for troubleshooting and resolving problems with Production Unit equipment/Utilities (e.g. HVAC, CW/WFI, etc.) ; ensure resolution of critical items.
- Perform P&ID walkdowns and redlines as needed
- Perform Risk Assessments and resolution of risk analysis;
- Develop, review, and implement recommendations to improve reliability of infrastructure and production systems.
- Maintain the Calibration, Maintenance and Safety procedures in defined area of responsibility
- Develop specification and strategy of spare parts to meet reliability objectives;
- Support Quality action items and write Engineering Assessments as Subject Matter Expert (SME);
- Coordinate maintenance activities and shutdown requirements for production equipment and facilities
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Chemical, Electrical, Mechanical Engineering or related discipline; Bachelor of Science with three to six years of related experience preferred;
- Knowledge and hands on experience with pharmaceutical manufacturing processes, including equipment, utilities, and facilities, cGMP compliance, high purity water systems, clean room HVAC systems, process instrumentation and control systems, etc., are required
- Experience with Process Control Systems, including DCS, PLC, instrumentation and low voltage electrical systems; Experience with FAT, SAT, Commissioning and Qualification, including hands on experience starting up and running new equipment, resolving technical equipment issues, developing turn over packages;
- Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot complex equipment / systems and supporting utility services; Ability to troubleshoot equipment failures immediately and communicate status to engineers and production