Location: Remote – Occasional travel
Contract duration: 3-6 months (Possibility of extension)
Contract type: PAYE Or LTD company
Start Date: ASAP
Recruitment Partner: Airswift
Account Manager: Anthony Hughes
Key words: Power electronics, semiconductors, electrical design, automotive, design, design engineer, aspice
We are a leading industrial technology manufacturing company who are striving towards a sustainable, connected, and safer world. Operating across 20+ countries where our products are found in a variety of industries including transportation and electronics end markets. We are proud to be sponsored with Airswift to fulfil our growth plans in 2023.
About the Job
- Definition, supervision, and execution of design verification plans for smart power electronic devices, including electrical, thermal, mechanical, and environmental, internally and with outsourced partners.
- Passionate about pushing products to their limits to validate entitled performance. Comfortable pushing to failure to enable fast learning cycles and continuous improvement.
- Interface with device scientists and reliability colleagues to understand and bound application sensitive device behaviour.
- Assembly of various proof-of-concept prototypes including cooling, gate drive, sensing/protection, and controls.
- Answer technical inquiries from existing and prospective customers with proper documentation and timely feedback/analysis.
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in electrical or electronics engineering, alongside a proven background in Power Electronics
- 5+ years hands-on experience in Power Electronics
- Good understanding of semiconductor devices like IGBTs, SIC MOSFETS, and them characteristics, as well as Gate driver circuits of IGBT and SIC MOSFETs .
- Familiar with power electronics control architectures and safety mechanisms.
- Automotive, ISO26262 or similar (DO-254) and ASPICE knowledge
- Good understanding of power modules design and assembly for high power density
- Familiar with hardware in the loop, fault stimulation, emulator, and model development
- Good experience developing hardware test cases and design verification planning.
- Great English skills (in written and verbal)
- Organized and thorough with a high level of self-motivation, strong analytical, problem solving and communication skills.
- Good understanding of failure modes, FMEDA and associated metrics, applicable AEC-Q100 qualification standards, automotive environmental stress testing.
- Experience with requirements management tools such as Enterprise Architect or SystemWeaver.
- Experience using Jira for issue management, Confluence, SVN and configuration management.
The next step
We have an exceptional team in place, and we are pleased to be able to appoint a further person to our growing business. We are aware that you may not ‘tick all the boxes’, but if you believe you can genuinely offer some valuable skills and experience to our business, please in the first instance contact our recruitment partner Airswift.