Oil & Gas - Onshore Gas
Engineering & Design
November 1, 2023
Airswift are a Global Manpower Provider specialising in the Energy, Infrastructure & IT sectors. Present in more than 70 countries around the world, our reach, and capabilities in the markets we service is unparalleled in the industry.
We are working with a major client to source a Principal Electrical Engineer. Please see details below.
Title: Principal Electrical Engineer
Department: Qatar Engineering Office
Start Date: ASAP (typically with 1 month notice)
Location: Qatar Site / Doha Onshore
Working Schedule: 9 hours per day / 5 days per week, or as per department and Project requirement.
Knowledge and Key Skills
• BSc., University in Electrical Engineering or equivalent
• 12 years minimum experience in Brown Field Oil and Gas related projects.
Key Job Accountabilities
• Reports to Lead Electrical Engineer
• Provides Coaching and mentoring for direct reports.
• Actively Supports recruitment, selection, transfers, and promotion of resources to meet succession and business plans.
• Support the development and retention of motivated and competent people.
• Ensures competence of deputies
• Manages performance of direct reports
• Continuous promotion of and adherence to the discipline specific procedures and providing feedback of continuous improvement
• Support the development and delivery of the technical safety standard expectations and technical assurance.
• Participate in incident investigations as required.
• Represent Operations EMEA discipline in the contract.
• Set performance expectations for direct reports.
• Actively maintaining own competence and continuous development
• Technically competent in own discipline and actively maintains own competence according to standards and pursues continuous professional development.
• Provide discipline support to the business.
• Ensuring learning opportunities are captured and realized.
• Knowledge of relevant regulatory framework and legislation
• Proficient in scope definition
• identification of candidates of GTEN
• Deputizing for Lead as required
• Supporting and supervising tasks delegated to direct reports/respective team.
• Management of key stakeholders in the execution and delivery of contracted activities
• Manage and direct resources efficiently and effectively.
• Interact with Multi-Discipline Engineering Teams
• Perform the role of Technical Authority when appointed to do so.
• Demonstrate balance of industrial and management experience at relevant level and position.
• Intellectually capable, can substantiate the ability to apply theory in practical context.
• Capable use of discipline software and proactively encourage development.
• Professional demeanor, strong interpersonal skills.
• Able to demonstrate team working skills.
• Enthusiastic, conscientious, and keen to learn.
• Flexible with can-do attitude
• Provide strong leadership in promoting, demonstrating and being a role model in accordance with company core values and ethics policy.
• Competent in forecast planning for people resources.
• Competent in people interviewing, selection, communication and management including performance management.
• Proactively interact with team members in a positive and professional manager.
• Competent in implementation and execution of standard processes to effect delivery of Engineering excellence
• Monitors compliance with standards and processes to assure operational delivery.
• Competent in knowledge of regulatory framework and associated legislation.
• Competent in own discipline to provide support to the business.
• Demonstrate current knowledge with industry and technology development within discipline.
• Demonstrate continual professional development.
• Communication in written and spoken forms.
• Expert in the Operations Excellence framework (OEF)
• Lead Audit and Incident investigations.
• Project management
• Mediator and financial and commercial awareness.