Our client currently seeks a suitably experienced and qualified Principal Instrumentation Engineer to join their Instrumentation Engineering team of high performers to drive and deliver several upcoming projects across many sectors with exciting opportunities in energy transition, Hydrogen, Alumina, battery minerals. The role will be based in Brisbane, QLD and offered on an initial 12-month contract.
Your responsibilities will include;
- Develop and issue Instrument Basis of Design and Project Specifications for DCS, SIS, FGS, MMS, and PLC systems, including instrumentation for Packaged Equipment.
- Create, review, and approve Instrument data sheets (Control valve, On-Off Valves, Safety Relief Valves, etc.), ensuring accurate calculations for orifice plate bore, Control Valve Cv, and PSV's.
- Prepare, review, and approve Cause & Effect and Logic diagrams, as well as vendor documents for DCS, SIS, FGS, MMS, PLC systems, and Mechanical Packaged equipment.
- Generate Material/Technical Requisitions for all instruments, conduct Technical Bid Evaluation, and approve Vendor Documents.
- Review and approve instrument Index, DCS/SIS/FGS/MMS/PLC I/O Lists, Cable schedules, Interconnection wiring drawings, Termination drawings, Junction box schedules, and Instrument Hook-up drawings.
- Specify Instrument cables, Junction boxes, and Instrument Installation scope. Review and approve Block diagrams, Control/Rack room layout, Cable route, instrument location plan, and Loop drawings.
- Review P&ID's, Isometric drawings, and 3-D modelling for accuracy.
- Extensive experience in both Green Field and Brown Field Projects.
- Ensure strict adherence to the Quality Management System and establish and follow QA plans.
- Hold Australian recognized tertiary qualifications in Electrical / Electronics / Mechatronics or Chemical Engineering.
- Current RPEQ Registration.
- Previous experience as a Senior Engineer is desirable.
- Extensive experience on DCS / PLC based control systems and software products.
- Sound understanding of networking and communications protocols.
- An enthusiastic team player who is willing to learn new systems and technologies,
- Site based experience will also be highly regarded.
Airswift is an international workforce solutions provider within the energy, process and infrastructure industries. Airswift serves as a strategic partner to our clients, offering a turnkey workforce solution to capture and deliver the top talent needed to complete successful projects by aligning with the unique needs of our clients.
With over 1000 employees and 9,000+ contractors operating in over 70 countries, our geographical reach and pool of talent available is unmatched in the industry and the level of experience, exposure and expertise that the organization has is unparalleled.
Only candidates located within Australia, with full Australian working rights will be considered.
If you would like to be considered for the position, please apply direct to this advertisement with your CV & contact details or contact Patrick Chick directly via email@example.com or 6146 4363.