Key Skills: Principal Mechanical Engineer, Package Engineering
Contract: Permanent, staff
Salary / Package: Competitive rates
Recruitment Partner: Airswift Account Manager: Lydia Ellis
Key words: Principal Mechanical Engineer, Package Engineering, Oil & Gas, FEED, EPC
The successful candidate will lead the Mechanical activities in developing the Mechanical design within project budget and determining timing for resource requirements. The Principal Package Mechanical Engineer will also serve as the liaison for inter-discipline engineering involved in the project and is accountable for overall discipline related activities for the successful completion of project, on schedule and within manpower and budget estimates.
As a global leader within the energy business, who have been established for over 100 years, we are proud to be able to expand our UK team and have partnered with Airswift to support our recruitment plans.
We are currently recruiting for a Principal Package Mechanical Engineer to join our team based in Woking, to work on an ever-growing Oil & Gas project.
What can we offer you
Fantastic opportunity to work for well-respected specialists within the Energy industry, on a thriving Oil & Gas project. Excellent rates, holiday accrual and hybrid working arrangements.
Key Responsibilities and background:
- Typically supervises a team of engineers to address all discipline specific requirements within the project.
- Capable of performing general duties with no direct supervision and within agreed schedules and budgets.
- May undertake discrete specialist studies / technology reviews under supervision.
- Liaises with other disciplines to achieve design consistency for project and departmental.
- Supports the Project Management Team in planning, and identifying technical issues which could limit progress, impact project budgets.
- Provides necessary input and support to project progress and reporting.
- Supports the Discipline Group Manager with the development of discipline engineers and ensuring technical excellence.
- Support training and mentoring of Graduate and Junior/ Senior.
- Lead Mechanical Package Engineer is accountable to the Project Engineering Manager for delivery of discipline deliverables in the project environment.
- Provide expertise for package design throughout the organisation as required.
- The corporate reporting line is to respective Mechanical Group Manager.
- Lead engineer may work on feasibility, concept, FEED, detailed design, or EPC project.
- Technically responsible within a project for all Mechanical Engineering work. Allocating, supervising, and directing preparation of project deliverables. Subject to project size, will delegate some level of supervision and specific checking activities to appropriate competent personnel.
- Supervises, reviews, and checks the Mechanical activities.
- Works to the requirements of the Mechanical Design Manual and project requirements.
- Identifying and resolving discrepancies and divergences from original proposal/ contract by raising technical queries and/or identifying trends and changes within the framework of management of change.
- Participates in factory acceptance tests, also supporting Engineers as required for Vendor issues.
- Participates in multi-discipline engineering design reviews and provides all necessary mechanical input and support to the closeout of actions.
- Reviews ITB documents submitted as the proposal. Identifies a clear scope of work, prepares, and reviews the man-hour estimates, inputs to the project execution plan and schedule. Supervises preparation of the Mechanical Document register.
- Responsible for the planning/scheduling the mechanical activities and identify manpower requirements through the project.
- Liaises with Mechanical Group Manager for allocation of resources.
- Ensures compatibility and compliance with client specifications and recommends cost effective improvements within the scope of client specifications and requirements.
- Ensures compliance with the client's ISO accredited QMS, and project specific procedures, guides, and standards.
- Typically holds a master’s degree in mechanical engineering or post-graduate mechanical engineering qualification. Chartered status is preferred.
- Significant related experience of working for engineering/client organisations in the oil and gas industry.
- Extensive experience in the design of packages in both FEED and EPC environments.
- Exposure to consultancy, FEED/ detailed design, and EPC projects.
- In depth knowledge of applicable international and industry specifications, standards, and codes.
- Knowledge of safety and quality procedures and best practice.
- Activity scheduling and discipline priorities.
- Excellent coordination, monitoring and supervisory skills.
- Excellent Communication skills.
- Tactful in resolving issues.
- Cost awareness.
- Proactive approach.
- Attention to detail.
- Team player.
- Ability to meet schedules and deadlines.
- Planning and forecasting.
- Analytical and problem-solving mind.
- Contributes to employee performance development, identifies employee strengths and weaknesses, and recommends and provides training and development requirements in consultation with Mechanical Group Manager.
- Provide expert knowledge for the design of packages.
- Performs related duties as and when instructed by Mechanical Group Manager.
We have an exceptional team in place, and we are pleased to be able to appoint a further person to our growing business. We are aware that you may not ‘tick all the boxes’, but if you believe you can genuinely offer some valuable skills and experience to our business, please in the first instance contact our recruitment partner Airswift, and the account manager, Lydia Ellis.