As a global leader within the energy business, who have been established for over 100 years, we are proud to be able to expand our UK team and have partnered with Airswift to support our recruitment plans.
We are currently recruiting for a Principal Process Engineer (Dynamic Simulation) to join our team, based in Aberdeen to work on an ever-growing Oil & Gas project.
What can we offer you
Fantastic opportunity to work for well-respected specialists within the Energy industry, on a thriving Oil & Gas project. Excellent rates, holiday accrual and hybrid working arrangements.
Key Responsibilities and background:
- Be the Lead Engineer on a dynamic process simulation study, performing duties with no direct supervision and within agreed schedules and budgets.
- Present work to clients, virtually and face-to-face through reports and presentations.
- Oversee more junior engineers under your supervision who are running process simulations, analysing results, and preparing reports.
- Supervise and develop junior engineers.
- Responsible for the delivery of high-quality deliverables, ensuring compliance with relevant codes and standards and internal procedures.
- Understand the client’s requirements and contribute to winning bids for work.
Critical Skills & Personal Attributes:
- Engineering degree, honours, or equivalent in Chemical Engineering or similar.
- Likely Chartered Engineer status with the Institution of Chemical Engineers or equivalent.
- Significant related experience in the Oil and Gas Industry and/ or Low Carbon Energy Transition projects.
- Experience using Hysys Dynamics and/or Unisim Dynamics as well as PipeNet and/or Wanda or similar liquid surge (water hammer) programs. gProms or Aspen Custom Modeler experience would be useful as would software coding with Net/VBA.
- Excellent coordination, monitoring, and supervisory skills.
- Cost awareness.
- Understanding of relevant industry codes and standards.
The next step
We have an exceptional team in place, and we are pleased to be able to appoint a further person to our growing business. We are aware that you may not ‘tick all the boxes’, but if you believe you can genuinely offer some valuable skills and experience to our business, please in the first instance contact our recruitment partner Airswift, and the account manager, Richard Parker.