Our client seeks a Principal Rotating Equipment Engineer to support them in the Schiedam office, offering an initial 12 month contract.
For this role you would be required to be responsible for static equipment, utilities equipment, lifting & handling equipment, as well as general mechanical equipment. Your main tasks and responsibilities will be:
- Utilize your technical expertise to develop safe and quality solutions for the project
- Ensure successful resolution of complex technical issues to meet project and discipline deliverables.
- Engage with your team in order to promote knowledge as a consultant and mentor to less experienced engineers
- Works in conjunction with Discipline Manager, Discipline Leads, Supply Chain and Construction in order to maintain continuous improvement in both quality and efficiency of work.
- You are to ensure technical solutions account for design factors such as constructability, operability and identify gaps between the design solution and known product specifications in order to minimize the negative impact on the completion of key project milestones.
- Provide Discipline Manager with updates regarding activity status, and provide guidance to support
- Utilize established network to resolve complex issues
- May act as Subject Matter Expert with Clients to inform and influence decisions as needed to gain perspective and understanding of expectations
- Promote continuous improvement within the Discipline by maintaining the latest industry developments;
- Participate in Client facing meetings to facilitate the communication and resolve technical issues