Airswift is currently looking for a Principal Structural Designer, for one of our largest projects in Aberdeen. This position has a Monday-Friday schedule. The length is a 12-month contract with the possibility of an extension. We are looking for candidates with the drive and commitment to make a genuine difference in our performance to ensure that the company continues to differentiate itself from competitors by delivering quality service to our client’s requirements.
The Principal Structural Designer will hold responsibility for:
- Preparation & Checking of Construction Workpacks.
- Preparation & Checking of Material Requisitions.
- Ability to present model reviews and presentations.
- Knowledge and use of LFM Software.
- Ability to prepare Structural Estimates.
- Knowledge and understanding of Pipe Supports.
- Ability to read and understand client specifications and Scopes of Work.
- Ability to travel offshore / onshore sites and carry out surveys.
- Preparation of site sketches.
- Ability to prepare survey reports.
- Understanding of rigging design & installation practice.
- Understands the principles of safety in Structural Design.
- Ability to work to and meet planned dates.
- Knowledge and understanding of Scopus procedures.
- Ensuring learning opportunities are captured and realized.
- Knowledge of relevant regulatory framework and legislation.
- Ability to prepare COG calculations.
- Knowledge of welded & bolted connections.
- Proficient with Autocad 2D & 3D.
- Proficient using Navisworks
- Knowledge of Brownfield Oil and Gas Projects.
- Working knowledge of PDMS.