Key Skills: Design Engineering, Structural, CAD Design
Contract: 12 month contract
Salary / Package: Competitive rates, plus holiday accrual + pension
Recruitment Partner: Airswift Account Manager: Robert Caldwell
Key words: Principal Structural Designer
As a global leader within the energy business, who have been established for over 100 years, we are proud to be able to expand our UK team and have partnered with Airswift to support our recruitment plans.
We are currently recruiting for a Principal Structural Designer to join our team based in Aberdeen, to work on an ever-growing Oil & Gas project.
What can we offer you
Fantastic opportunity to work for well-respected specialists within the Energy industry, on a thriving Oil & Gas project. Excellent rates, holiday accrual and hybrid working arrangements.
Key Responsibilities and background:
- Ability to work to own initiative.
- Preparation of Construction Workpacks.
- Checking of Construction Workpacks.
- Preparation & Checking of Material Requisitions.
- Knowledge of welded & bolted connections.
- Proficient with Autocad 2D & 3D.
- Proficient using Navisworks.
- Ability to present model reviews and presentations.
- Knowledge and use of LFM Software.
- Ability to prepare Structural Estimates.
- Knowledge and understanding of Pipe Supports.
- Ability to read and understand client specifications.
- Ability to read and understand Scopes of Work.
- Ability to travel offshore / onshore sites and carry out surveys.
- Preparation of site sketches.
- Ability to prepare survey reports.
- Understanding of rigging design & installation practice.
- Understands the principles of safety in Structural Design.
- Ability to work to and meet planned dates.
- Knowledge and understanding of Scopus procedures.
- Actively maintaining own competence and continuous development.
- Ensuring learning opportunities are captured and realised.
- Knowledge of relevant regulatory framework and legislation.
- Ability to prepare COG calculations.
Critical Skills & Personal Attributes:
- HNC or relative experience preferred.
- Strong knowledge of brownfield oil and gas projects.
- Working knowledge of PDMS.
The next step
We have an exceptional team in place, and we are pleased to be able to appoint a further person to our growing business. We are aware that you may not ‘tick all the boxes’, but if you believe you can genuinely offer some valuable skills and experience to our business, please in the first instance contact our recruitment partner Airswift, and the account manager, Robert Caldwell.