Job OverviewAirswift is presently seeking an accomplished Principal Structural Engineer to join our client on a 12-month contract at one of their facilities in Perth, CBD.
Ideally, you will be a skilled Principal Structural Engineer responsible for leading a team of engineers and designers in a dedicated office. The primary focus will be on delivering a new and innovative greenfield mineral sand project for a key client.
Our client promotes a flexible approach to work, recognizing that individuals are safer, healthier, and more productive when they can strike a balance between work and life. To support this philosophy, they provide flexible and hybrid working options, allowing you to choose when, where, and how you work!
What our client can offer:
- Flexible work arrangements.
- Take advantage of their global on-line learning platform!
- Enjoy a varied & challenging role.
- Career development opportunities beyond this role.
What you will be doing:
- Reporting to the engineering manager, deliver structural engineering services that meet the client’s, its customers' and applicable statutory and regulatory specifications, on time and within budget.
- Responsible for design and documentation of steel and concrete structures including directing and supervising junior engineers. Responsibility includes:
- detail design of concrete and steel structures;
- scope management and vendor coordination for equipment interfaces;
- promotion of workshare between various offices; and
- cross disciplinary coordination to ensure successful delivery of Customer’s requirement.
- Perform supporting tasks such as:
- participate in relevant meetings;
- prepare progress reports and follow required checking procedures;
- clarification of project scope and identify changes to the lead structural engineer as per project change management processes; and
- interface management between the mechanical and electrical vendors with internal designers.
- Support the structural lead designer to deliver project requirements
- Proactively resolve any discrepancies between the Client and its Customer's requirements.
- Support effective communication with the structural engineering team and project stakeholders, including the customer.
- Identify issues and problems, develop appropriate solutions, and ask for assistance when required.
Ideally, what you will bring:
- Bachelor of Structural/Civil Engineering or relevant undergraduate degree.
- Decent experience in structural engineering design which includes managing small teams in delivering projects.
- Detailed design experience to Australian design codes and experience in mining or other mineral processing projects is required.
- Ability to work with or without the support of a team and be highly focused on delivery and service.
- A sound knowledge of applicable local and international standards and statutory and regulatory requirements
- Experienced in concrete foundation design in difficult geotechnical environment is essential.
- Proficient use of structural engineering specific software such as Spacegass and StaadPro and familiarity with finite element program such Strand7 or Ansys will be advantageous.
We welcome applicants who closely align with our requirements but may not meet all criteria to apply, as we value diverse perspectives and recognize the potential for growth and development within our dynamic team.
Airswift is an international workforce solutions provider within the energy, process and infrastructure industries. Airswift serves as a strategic partner to our clients, offering a turnkey workforce solution to capture and deliver the top talent needed to complete successful projects by aligning with the unique needs of our clients.
With over 1000 employees and 9,000+ contractors operating in over 130 countries, our geographical reach and pool of talent available is unmatched in the industry and the level of experience, exposure and expertise that the organization has is unparalleled.
Only candidates with the right to work in Australia will be considered. (Australia Citizen, PR Holder, or Valid Australia working VISA)
If you would like to be considered for the position, please apply directly to this advertisement or send your application via email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your updated CV/ resume & contact details.