- Job Title: Lead Process Engineer
- Contract Duration: 1 year contract
- Work Location: Schiedam, Netherlands.
- Contract Setup: PAYE
In the role of Lead Process Engineer, you are responsible for contributing to the expertise and knowledge within the Process discipline, develop/improve corporate process engineering calculation tools and guidelines and provide support to all ongoing projects executed in our Schiedam office. You will work in conjunction with Discipline Manager, Discipline Leads and engineering management to seek continuous improvement in both quality and efficiency of work.
- Take the lead role on proposals and prepare discipline hour estimates for EPC projects
- Lead/attend design review meetings and participate in HAZOP review meetings
- Conduct quality audits for the process discipline in Schiedam and at subcontractor offices, to ensure compliance with SBM Group Technical Standards, corporate Processes and Work Instructions.
- Evaluating and incorporating project Lessons Learned to improve process engineering guidelines and work instructions
- Act as consultant and mentor to less experienced engineers to ensure knowledge transfer, product memory, and application of best engineering practices.
- At least 15 years of relevant experience, incl. conceptual design, FEED and EPC project experience for offshore Oil & Gas projects (preferably FPSO) and at least 4 years of experience as lead engineer.
- Strong knowledge of process engineering and process safety fundamentals as well as preparation of quality engineering documents.
- Collaborate with others to propose/optimize methodologies for engineering activities and working methods to enable fast-track project execution
- Perform activities in compliance with the Group Technical Standards, Engineering Standards, corporate Processes and Work Instructions.
Skills and experience:
- Capable of managing a large team of process engineers (typically 25 – 30 engineers)
- Capable of coaching and developing less experienced engineers and to guide experienced engineers with changes in engineering methods and work processes
- Development of PFD, P&ID, Equipment Datasheets, Instrument Datasheets, SAFE Charts, Cause & Effect Diagrams and Process Safeguarding documentation
- Knowledge and experience with intelligent P&IDs and Engineering Databases
- Good interface knowledge with related engineering disciplines, i.e. Piping, Instrumentation, Mechanical and Safety & Loss Prevention;
- Conversant with relevant international standards applicable to hydrocarbon processing industry, such as API, ISO, ASME, IEC, etc.
- Familiar with design review methods, such as HAZID, HAZOP, SIL Assessment
- Process simulation experience (using Hysys or UniSim software)
- A pro-active approach and not afraid to take initiative
- Excellent knowledge of the English language in verbal and written communication
- Partner with the Discipline Manager and replace the Discipline Manager when required (deputy role).
If you are interested and think you have the right profile, please apply!
Consultant: Rachel Marques at firstname.lastname@example.org