PROCUREMENT COORDINATOR - 11.8.8
Airswift are a Global Manpower Provider specializing in the Energy, Infrastructure & IT sectors. Present in more than 70 countries around the world, our reach, and capabilities in the markets we service is unparalleled in the industry.
We are working with our client based in Qatar to source a Procurement Coordinator - 11.8.8. This is a 2-year residential contract to be based in Qatar.
Engineering and / or Business degree
- With experience in oil and gas industry in multi-discipline engineering, procurement and construction environment. Preferably having formal training in supply chain, logistics and membership with recognized chartered or other professional institution.
- 12 years’ experience in similar position in Oil & Gas sector.
- Experience in GCC is desirable.
- Working (hands-on) experience in creating excel or MS Access database, retrieving data and presenting dashboard reports on procurement progress of Contractor’s and Subcontractor’s materials.
- The coordinator should be able to analyse data, market trends, and supplier performance to make informed decisions, should be familiar with sourcing strategies, supplier evaluation, negotiation techniques, and contract management.
- Specific knowledge of the LPG industry is desirable. This includes understanding the bottling process, safety regulations, equipment, and materials used in LPG bottling plants.
- Experience / knowledge in procuring port systems including Telecom, Radars and CCTVs Systems is desirable.
- A thorough understanding of relevant legal and regulatory requirements related to procurement in the LPG industry is necessary to ensure compliance and mitigate risks.
- Precise attention to detail is necessary to ensure accurate documentation, adherence to specifications, and compliance with regulations.
- Previous experience supervising and managing EPC Contractor is required.
- Previous experience in Project Management role is required.
- The candidate should have sound working knowledge on materials for Oil & Gas and Infrastructure projects.
- In-depth understanding of EPC Engineering, Procurement, Expediting, Inspection and Logistics, Construction, Commissioning etc.
- In-depth schedule development and manufacture processes.
- Ability to resolve complex problems that have implications beyond Procurement.
- Duties are normally complex and vary and require ability to work well with contractor’s personnel as part of Company team and colleagues at all levels in multidisciplinary,
- multicultural environment.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee Contractor’s Procurement team - procurement, expediting, inspection and logistics during the execution of the project to provide assurance of quality and timely.
- Oversee all Project Procurement activities - monitor and report progress, prepare Procurement Status Report to Project Management Team.
- Supports company’s project team in all aspects of procurement within EPIC contracts starting from the Technical Bid Evaluation of vendors by the EPIC contractor to material.
- delivery at site.
- Expediting Contractor for Long Lead and Critical Items (LLI);
- Work with Company’s Engineering and QAQC department on vendor evaluation and
- selection criteria and participate in Vendor’s audits if necessary.
- Evaluate vendor performance during execution of the project and set up resolution for procurement related issues in a timely manner.
- Ensure that Contractor support the development and implementation of project HSE and QA/QC processes / procedures in close coordination with Project Management Team and QHSE Department to achieve safe and successful execution of the Project and with materials and services that meet Project requirements.
- Participate in risk assessment and identify risk areas and mitigation measures.
- Problem solving and crisis management.
- Coordinates and supports other departments – QAQC, Engineering, Construction and Commissioning where necessary.
- Report manufacturing / fabrication progress and delivery dates
- Certifying procurement progress payment in contractor’s monthly invoices
- Coordination of FAT including approval of FAT reports
- Monitor shipping, customs clearance and transportation to site!
- Coordinate material inspection and receipt at site
- Coordinate SPIR approvals, Tag numbers, SAP CMMS activities
- Coordinate with Materials department for receiving spares.
- Support project management team for issuing letters related to procurement to contractor.
- Ability to follow up with EPIC Contractor to ensure Procurement Process are being followed as agreed, including manufacturing, FAT attendance and shipping on time.
- Ability to capture any delay in the procurement process against the approved Schedule, report the same to Supervisor & Management and propose actions to mitigate delays such as sending EPIC Contractor representatives to station at locations where Manufacturing and FAT tests are carried out to expedite manufacturing, testing, and shipping.
- Implement the elements of management system applicable to your function.
- Undertake familiarization with Project and discipline specific inspection documentation to ensure understanding of contract requirements.
- Familiar with international Codes, Standards and Regularities (e.g., INCOTERMS, Shell DEPs, etc)
If you are keen and interested with the role, you may apply to our website or share your updated resume to email@example.com.