Oil & Gas - Offshore Oil
Engineering & Design
January 2, 2024
Airswift is currently looking for Procurement Engineer to work with our Client.
Starting date: February 2024
Location: Rome, Italy
Contract Duration: December 2025
Project phase: Accelerated PreFEED
Aramco is one of the world's largest integrated energy and chemicals companies. Aramco Europe is headquartered in The Hague with offices across the continent. For over 60 years we have supported Aramco with a wide range of activities from facilitating safe and reliable delivery of energy to customers around the globe to pushing for breakthroughs in research and innovation. Our services include in-depth technology advice and support in established and emerging sectors of oil, gas and energy, as well as finance, HR, legal, PR and communications. We work with the very best industry suppliers to drive our operations to secure our position as a world leader in energy and chemicals.
The purpose of the Procurement Engineer role is to create value to the PMT by developing and implementing project procurement plans whilst holding the responsibility for defining the project procurement strategy throughout the FEED / EPC phase within the Oil, Gas, Petroleum and Infrastructure industries.
The candidate is expected to liaise as a member of the Project Team, supporting the Contractor and associated Project functions to determine purchasing strategy, contract compliance, legal requirements, and material categorization. In addition, the candidate is to share information about cost, availability, vendor qualifications, and to drive procurement plans, strategies, tools and deliverables.
Key Responsibilities and Duties
• Understand and monitor required compliance with spare parts.
• Ensure all business transactions are conducted ethically and professionally in accordance with all laws, regulations, codes and standards.
• Ensure that contractor is working in accordance with the Contract.
• Review and approve contractor’s purchasing procedures.
• Understand and apply material standardization.
• Ensure that Aramco qualified vendors receive requests from tenders and proposals.
• Ensure that purchase requisitions and orders are accurate, approved and released in a timely manner and in accordance with project requirements.
• Experience of order placements for large size projects including engineered equipment from major manufacturers.
• Attend bid opening meetings and bid clarification meetings where required.
• Review all bid recommendations prior to award and obtains Aramco approvals.
• Keep informed of current developments in the field of purchasing, prices, market conditions and new products.
• Analyze the market and delivery conditions to determine present and future material availability.
• Identify project critical and long lead material and manage the process for novating Purchase Orders
• Demonstrate continuous effort to improve operations, decrease turnaround time, streamline work processes, and work in a cooperative manner that fosters quality customer service within the FEED / EPC phase.
• Maintain best international project working practices and discipline to procurement and company policies.
• Expedite vendors, sub vendors and LSTK’s to meet Project milestones.
• Generate and maintain procurement progress and expedite reports.
• Hold weekly procurement meetings with contractor at any stage of the project (FEED / EPC).
• Communicate and prepare detailed status reports for purchasing.
• Determine overdue material and inform the project team of material status plan and schedule project procurement timelines and milestones using appropriate tools.
• Track project procurement milestones and deliverables.
• Contribute to subcontracts plans and strategy.
• Ensure compliance with customs duty exemption and materials management requirements.
• Develop and operate strong interfaces with engineering, quality and schedule functions.
Educational & Technical Requirements:
• 10-15 years of experience
• Certification (i.e. Charted institute of Purchasing and Supply)
• Working knowledge and experience in Tools such as: SAP, Primavera, Risk Assessment tools, Excel, Power Point, Microsoft Word and Physical Progress systems
• Plan & Organize
• Analyze & Solve problems
• Communicating openly & effectively
• Intercultural Awareness
• Customer Services Oriented
YASREF+ is a vast world-scale petrochemical complex integrated with the YASREF refinery in Yanbu on the country's west coast. YASREF+ is being developed and will be operated by the YASREF joint venture owned by Saudi Aramco (62.5%) and Sinopec (37.5%). The YASREF+ program involves the construction of: A mixed feed cracker capable of processing different grades of low-cost feedstocks and producing 1.8 million tons of ethylene per year; two polyethylene lines, each with a capacity of 500,000 tons per year; and Units for extracting butadiene and aromatics, and producing high value-added derivatives.