Oil & Gas - Offshore Gas
February 1, 2024
This position is required to support the management of the project controls function within the project
Position title: Project Controls Lead
(Duties include but not limited to)
• Progress Measurement procedures, basis and reporting review and approval.
• Risk register coordination and reporting.
• Progress status reporting development and management.
Job Context & Major Challenge(s)
• Understand the key project drivers, define roles and responsibilities, develop communication protocols, identify, develop and implement project procedures for reporting, cost control and planning/scheduling; identify elements of project design and construction likely to give rise to disputes and claims, communicate and influence across the organisation to ensure delivery of project within the agreed timeframe.
• Major challenges are (1) completing detailed assessments of project controls, cost, schedule and recovery/rectification plans, in short deadlines and a high-pressure environment and (2) developing and sustaining relationships with EPC Contractor Project Controls personnel throughout project execution to ensure Company is provided with timely and the best available information to aid decision making.
Candidate Specification – Minimum Requirements
Technical and Business Skills
• Sound knowledge of Project Control & Management principles
• Advanced knowledge of Microsoft tools: Excel, Power Query, Power BI, Power Automate, SharePoint.
Bachelor’s degree in engineering or business degree required.
Knowledge and/or Experience
• 10 years’ experience in a major project environment within the oil and gas industry, with exposure in business management including project controls, cost and schedule development, tender preparation and contract management and 3 years supervising multi discipline and multi-cultural teams and as Lead of control for mega projects.