Airswift has been tasked by one of our major EPC clients to seek a Project Controls Manager to work in their facilities located in Charleston, WV on a 12-month assignment possible to extension.
Manages and coordinates the entire spectrum of Project Controls activities for the project. Responsible for the management of the Project Control activities including scheduling, budgeting, cost control, risk management and reporting.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead development of project specific PC execution strategies.
- Coordinate with Project Management on reporting, project control activities, and other services.
- Manage development of procedures for various project control activities including budget preparation, forecasts, progress validation and related cost engineering and planning/scheduling functions;
- Manage cost engineering activities including development and implementation of cost control systems, invoice processing activities, monthly cost reporting, trending, EAC Analysis, cost variance analysis, funding budgets and cash flows;
- Manage cost estimating/forecasting activities including periodic project re-estimates and cost benchmark metrics;
- Manage planning & scheduling activities including development of summary and detailed project schedules, progress and performance monitoring, schedule deviations and workaround solutions; plans.
- Coordinate and issue necessary project reports, including progress, cost and schedule;
- Ensure full integration between the estimating, cost control, planning/scheduling, and risk management functions within projects;
- Manage miscellaneous estimate development including estimates addressing alternative options, products, locations, etc.;
- Ensure that invoices are tracked, confirmed and handed off to Accounts Payable properly.
- Manage cash calls and forecasts to/from Finance.
- Extensive experience on engineering and construction projects required specializing in project controls
- Management experience
- Experience on chemical capital projects
- Demonstrated experience and working understanding of project planning and scheduling, cost control and cost estimating.
- Demonstrated capability to lead a group responsible for control of planning, scheduling, cost control and cost estimating activities
- Ability to interpret and perform analysis of cost and schedule reports and data
- Experience in preparation of cost estimates
- Working knowledge and skills in the use of software such as Primavera planning/scheduling (P6), and cost control programs (EcoSys)
- Has clearly demonstrated strong technical competence
- Ability to work within a diverse cultural environment
- Demonstrated interpersonal/teambuilding skills
- BS/MS in construction.
- Engineering Degree Preferred