Coordinate, report and interface in support of management of engineering activities as assigned for the execution of LNG and Net Zero Solution (NZS) project(s). This position will be assigned to a project area of the facility and coordinate the project's engineering tasks, working on behalf of the Project Engineering Manager. These tasks include, but are not limited to, expediting the response to Requests for Information (RFIs), Technical Queries (TQs), tracking Key Performance Indicators (KPIs), and managing the 3rd party verification unit and ensure certification of the project is achieved based on the agreed codes and standards.
May support the generation of scopes of work and basis documents for any potential change orders required in the EPC contract throughout the execution of project. Support the generation of external scope documents for any engineering procurement requirements. Execute the engineering management plan for assigned project area and monitor the EPC contractor for execution compliance for the contractors agreed execution plan, including interfacing with the document control team to ensure timely response to technical deliverables submitted by the EPC contractor. Assist in the preparation of monthly, weekly and special reports and presentations as assigned.
Field work at the project site may be required to support engineering, contracting or other work and will be assigned as needed.
This position is initially located in the EPC contractor's offices in Houston and requires some travel to project sites.
This position could be required full time on site supporting the LNG/NZS Engineering Manager to coordinate engineering/construction interfaces as well as commissioning and start-up interfaces.
- Collaborate with the LNG/NZS Engineering Manager in managing the engineering work to ensure timely deliverable and proper and efficient interface management between the engineering disciplines in their assigned project area.
- Review drawings, schedules, specifications and permits to ensure compliance with project requirements. Provide comments or raise non-compliance issues with relevant disciplines to ensure interface, scope and design details are effectively addressed in the design and in the contractor’s project construction activities.
- Work with the EPC contractor to ensure assigned work activities are expedited in a scheduled and timely manner resulting in an agreed resolution.
- Attend and participate in all relevant project key meetings organized by Project Manager and/or Engineering Manager. Conduct technical coordination meetings as required with relevant parties.
- Interface with EPC contractor on engineering issues and assist in managing positive relationship.
- Generate required project reports covering engineering status including but not limited to TQs, RIFs, Document Reviews and KPI tracking.
- Work with the E&C Construction Manager and the Operations Manager to support concerns related to constructability and plant operability and maintainability.
- Identify and resolve project issues consistent with the EPC contract and engineering management plan.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Business, Construction Management or related field of study.
- Master's Degree in Engineering, Business, Construction Management or related field of study – preferred
- 5+ years in a similar project engineer role within the energy industry.
- 5+ years in an Engineering discipline, Construction Engineering/Management.
- General knowledge of LNG/NZS design and operation.
- Broad base of general engineering knowledge including mechanical, electrical, CSA and I&C.
- Demonstrated project management skills.
- Strong knowledge of quality assurance and control practices.
- Knowledge of engineering processes