Working on site at Tanami this is a great opportunity for a civil / structural field engineer who is looking to take the next step in their career and move across to a Project Engineer role. The primary purpose of this role is to:
- Manage and coordinate multidiscipline engineering activities to ensure projects are executed in a safe, efficient, cost effective and timely manner.
- Act as primary technical co-ordination interface with client to ensure that the client's expectations are satisfied.
- Ensure the project conforms to the client's approved Basis of Design and all applicable regulatory and code requirements.
- Maintaining a HSE focus in the team to ensure OHSE requirements are included in design and procurement
- Establish, maintain and build healthy client relationships and resolve project issues with the client as they arise
- Ensure compliance with WPMP, with the requirements of the contract and apply effective change control process
- Monitor cost aspects of the project within direct control and forecast final costs, identify trends and take action to avoid cost overruns
- Effective and clear communication with design team and third parties and accurate and effective reporting to the project manager
- Set clear objectives to the design team and manage inter-discipline interfaces effectively
- Assist where required with the procurement process throughout the project to ensure goods meet specification, are delivered on time and within budget
To be considered for this role it is envisaged you will possess the following attributes:
- A recognised engineering degree in the relevant discipline or equivalent.
- Chartered Professional Engineer (CPEng) status is preferred
- Experience working in a mining environment (underground preferred)
- Previous technical, practical and leadership experience in the relevant discipline and proven experience in leading a discipline design group
- You will be an enthusiastic team player, with excellent stakeholder management skills