Schedule: 3/1 rotation
Key Words: Engineering, Design, Management, Project, Brownfield
The Project Manager provides direction and project management to ensure project completion in accordance with contractual obligations as well as defines project goals and devises methods to accomplish them; develops in-depth knowledge of customer objectives, contract terms, and corporate policies. They will plan, organize, manage, and control projects with the established policies, procedures, systems, and requirements approved by the company. Will typically manage multiple small projects, a single medium project, or a portion of a large or mega project within the organization and/or for customers, with daily operational responsibilities.
- Defines and selects team required to deliver scope of work and effectively leads project team comprised of multidiscipline/multilocation members setting clear objectives for the project team including scope, schedule, productivity, and budget targets.
- Oversees, motivates, and monitors the performance of the team
- Applies knowledge of all aspects of a project (engineering, procurement, quality control, etc.) to oversee the successful execution of the project plan.
- Ensures design team is aware and complying with customer Basis of Design and applicable codes and regulations.
- Apply in-depth knowledge of customer contract to the oversight and management of the project and tracks cost and schedule and uses analytical skill to forecast trends.
- Understands project cost buildup including gross margin.
- Understands contract invoice terms and company cash flow requirements, including accounts receivable, work in progress, and days sales outstanding (DSO) metrics.
- Manages execution, coordination, and implements regular reviews/controls to track project progress.
- Effectively communicate and take a leadership role in preparing and presenting proposals and reports to staff and management.
- Implements clear communication protocols, processes and tools for requirements, contractual requirements, customer expectations, KPI and project status with project team
- Effectively relates with people across levels, functions, geography and cultures.
- Works collaboratively with others across the organization to achieve shared objectives.
- Customer & Stakeholder Management
- Identifies potential risks or new risks as the project progresses and effectively develops risk mitigation, contingency and resolution plans.
- Keeps detailed risk register that stays current and is tracked & communicated on a regular basis (at least monthly).
- Demonstrates full commitment to all health and safety matters and provides safety leadership to project team.
- Satisfies all requirements of project safety compliance including Safety by Design, Constructability and Maintainability.
- Has participated in Constructability, Operability and Maintainability Workshops.
- Demonstrated understanding of engineering project delivery workflow and coordination.
- Basic exposure and understanding of procurement/subcontracting and on-site construction support.
- Strong understanding and application of business drivers, financial reporting standards.
- Experienced in preparing Project Execution Plan covering all aspects of the scope.
- Good understanding of Project Control Reports identifies problem areas and implements recovery plans.