The Project Manager – Automation & Telecom is responsible to assist the Project Team in delivery of the Automation and Telecom aspects of the project. The Project Manager will be responsible for Management of the Main Automation Contractor (MAC), and delivery of the MAC scope of work. The Project Manager Automation & Telecom will also be responsible for Management of permanent telecommunication contractors and overall permanent telecom scope delivery. Ensure the Integrated Control and Safety System (ICSS) delivery complies with the requirements of the contract. Ensure efficient interface management between MAC, Telecom contractors and the engineering contractors for the processing facility, operations camp, seawater treatment plant and drill sites as well as with any third parties (e.g., connections into existing infrastructure). The Project Manager – Automation & Telecom will work closely with the Operations and Digital & IT team to define the requirements for provision of operational data into the business IT environment. Assist with assuring compliance with corporate cybersecurity with international standards. This role is vital to ensure the technical and execution aspects of the project receive the right project management support required.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Promote and lead in the implementation of Santos Ltd policies and procedures, including Safety, health, environment, process, people, and planning. Being able to work and lead in an integrated fashion is key to project success. Skillfully work with peers to ensure coordination of the technical aspects of the project are integrated in a timely manner to support execution.
The Project Manager – Automation & Telecom collaborates closely with the Deputy Project Director and Engineering Manager to ensure project success. The main duties of the role include:
- Manages the performance of the MAC and Telecom contractors
- Manage interfaces between MAC, Telecom, and the engineering design contractors.
- Confirms compliance of ICSS and communications equipment to specifications
- Ensures timely execution of MAC and Telecom project schedules.
- Interface with EPF contractors to ensure timely delivery of engineering design inputs to MAC and Telecom contractors.
- Support reviews of Automation and Telecom Engineering deliverables.
- Participates in the project risk management process.
- Participates in planning for commissioning and start-up.
- Assisting with contractor performance management
- Monitoring for compliance with Project document control procedures and taking corrective actions
- Provide guidance to contractors (e.g., regarding tradeoffs on design and cost, Owner preferences, etc.)
- Interface management with facility engineering contractors and system design contractors
- Assisting with response to technical queries (TQ’s/RFI’s)
- Delivers a project safety culture and acts as an icon towards HSE excellence. e.g., takes personal role in leading project site safety audits.
- A bachelor’s or master’s degree or equivalent in an appropriate field.
- Applicants must be eligible and authorized to work in the United States and must have their employment eligibility verified by a completed Form I9.
- 15+ years of major projects in execution and delivery roles
- Demonstrated leadership, communication, and organizational skills.
- Technical competency.
- Proven experience in administering major components of project execution plans.
- Demonstrable interpersonal / teambuilding skills
- Effective interpersonal skills required to interact at all levels of seniority.
- Alaska experience preferred.