Houston, Texas, United States
Oil & Gas - LNG
Planning / Scheduling
December 6, 2023
Airswift is looking for a Project Scheduler to join a major LNG Client in Freeport, TX, for an initial 1-year assignment.
Our major LNG Client is currently recruiting for a turnaround / project scheduler with experience in developing integrated project schedules using Primavera P6 to support our project team and portfolio of small, medium and large projects and turnarounds. The ideal candidate will have experience in the Oil & Gas industry, specifically experience working on Engineering, Procurement and Construction projects for an Owner/Operator.
The Project Scheduler is responsible for the development and maintenance of projects & turnaround schedules using P6, progress tracking/forecasting, scheduling reports and analysis, monitor and analysis of contractor schedules, providing support and assistance to the client team to maximize visibility of schedule status and progress. Role is based in Quintana TX with the flexibility to travel to HQ Houston, TX.
Essential Functions / Responsibilities
- Ability to create a level 4/5 turnaround schedule using P6
- Prepare progress tracking and KPI weekly reports
- Develop project specific critical path milestones
- Develop progress management systems to track and visualize project progress
- Prepare the Work Breakdown and Project Coding Structures for control and integrity of work to be performed as defined by the contract
- Develop scheduling procedures, execution plan, and plan progress and tracking for a project
- Participate in weekly project schedule reviews & meetings
- Monitor and track scope and schedule change control
- Ensures the development and completion of job progress milestones through scheduling
- Assist in the Development and approval of contractor baseline schedules
- Provides schedule analysis on critical path and critical activities to complete?
- Under general direction, uses specialized knowledge or skills to solve complex and unique problems, or direct the daily activities of a business, technical support, or functional support within project controls
- Ensure that required contract project controls deliverable and guidelines are appropriately implemented and maintained
- Ensures the credibility of the information contained in the project schedule.
- Assists with the preparation of project time and/or cost claims.
- Monitors and updates schedule progress toward achieving the desired project completion date and informing management team of changes to schedule outcome.
- Prepares and provides schedule progress reports, trending charts, and schedule analysis and re-ports forecasts for all significant project activities. Analyzes the effects to the critical path activities; identifies changes to the project that affect the schedule, and develops the recovery schedules and alternate courses of action.
- Promotes an atmosphere conducive to the open exchange of new ideas, and alternatives to orthodox approaches.
- Ability to work with turnaround planners to build schedules using P6.
- Ability to build turnaround / project schedules using P6 in a group setting.
- Ability to work on multiple projects as once.
- Ability to work in a 'team' and/or 'matrixed' structure, supporting multiple clients.
- Flexibility & the ability to work with shifting priorities; embrace new/evolving responsibilities.