Key Skills: Environmental Technical Support, Engineering
Contract: 12 month contract
Salary / Package: Competitive rates, plus holiday accrual + pension
Recruitment Partner: Airswift Account Manager: Robert Caldwell
Key words: Projects Environmental Specialist
As a global leader within the energy business, who have been established for over 100 years, we are proud to be able to expand our UK team and have partnered with Airswift to support our recruitment plans.
We are currently recruiting for a Projects Environmental Specialist to join our team based in Aberdeen, to work on an ever-growing Oil & Gas project.
What can we offer you
Fantastic opportunity to work for well-respected specialists within the Energy industry, on a thriving Oil & Gas project. Excellent rates, holiday accrual and hybrid working arrangements.
Key Responsibilities and background:
- Ensure timely assessment of Project environmental risks using robust methodologies by the client's Standards and relevant UK legislation (offshore and onshore).
- Advise on pragmatic and credible risk management solutions for priority environmental risks associated with Projects/Developments.
- Ensure identified risks and controls are transferred into Project Execute and Operate (including new permit conditions), including the inclusion of commitments made and agreed risk controls into the terms and conditions of contractor contracts.
- Develop scopes of work for contractor support. Manage contractors and consultants: preparing Permit applications, OPEPs, Environmental Impact Assessments, ESHIA and supporting studies & modelling, including baseline and monitoring studies and surveys and environmental management programmes.
- Fulfil the role of the Impact Assessment Lead with support from the Impact Assessment Subject Matter Expert.
- Engage with the environmental regulators on a project level.
- Conduct assurance activities on compliance with the client's legal requirements.
- Facilitate incident investigations
- Support of Environmental internal and Regulatory reporting (e.g. EEMS, SERS, SPRI, IRS) for Projects and development.
Critical Skills & Personal Attributes:
- Degree (or Industry) qualified in a relevant subject.
- Experience in UK regulatory frameworks & requirements (onshore or offshore).
- Projects and development support experience.
- A good understanding of the Upstream business and how it works, including credible front-line experience in managing HSSE.
- Strong aptitude for Learner Mindset.
- A genuine passion for Environmental Management.
- External lens and connectivity: able to understand how the client can influence the external world and how the client is influenced by the external world.
- Ability to engage and effectively communicate at all levels inside and outside and within different cultural settings.
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to challenge and ability to build internal and external relationships based on trust and to integrate across multiple functions.
The next step
We have an exceptional team in place, and we are pleased to be able to appoint a further person to our growing business. We are aware that you may not ‘tick all the boxes’, but if you believe you can genuinely offer some valuable skills and experience to our business, please in the first instance contact our recruitment partner Airswift, and the account manager, Robert Caldwell.