Airswift has been tasked by one of our major Energy clients to seek a Quality Engineer to join their team in Chicago, IL for an initial 10-month assignment with benefits!
- Provide Quality Engineering support to the FM&S Operating country (United States) Particularly providing:
- Standardization – through the deployment and governance (self-verification) of global Quality standards throughout the value-chain in-country and/or regional cluster assigned.
- Management System – deployment of global Quality management system and creation of in-country and/or regional cluster procedures to support such including governance (self-verification) and where required coordination of external audit body accreditation (i.e., ISO9001).
- Performance – Cascade and measure/report defined Quality KPIs at in-country and/or in cluster level including participation in related performance reviews; Ensure capture and robust resolution of Non-conformances; Conduct on-site project construction/commissioning Quality assurance oversight. Ensure KPI development and KPI enhancements to suit in-country / cluster needs.
- Organization & Capabilities – Develop in-country and/or cluster Quality capability at personal and team levels as appropriate to enhance ‘Quality culture’.
- Ideally university degree qualified or otherwise qualified to an appropriate higher level of education in a related engineering discipline – extensive experience in a Quality Engineering role with lesser formal qualification would be considered where directly relevant.
- Ideally a Professional Engineer or similar professional body demonstrating a professional field of knowledge and experience.
- Essential that the individual has held the position and gained experience as a Quality professional (ideally Quality Engineer or above) within a similar industrial customer-focused environment i.e. Construction & Commissioning, Electrical, Software, Supply chain (Automotive or similar also considered).
- Knowledge of Project Quality assurance; root cause analysis (problem-solving); ISO9001 Quality Management System creation and maintenance (auditing); and Supply chain Quality are all highly desired and beneficial.
- Customer-focused and agile in mindset. Able to self-manage within a fast-moving environment and decide own priorities with minimal supervision. Always seeking to drive improvement and value to the business through strong teamwork and collaboration.
- Experience working with the Electric Vehicle charging segment would be highly desirable – otherwise similar customer-facing, volume manufacturing, high-reliability environments also beneficial.
- Having worked within a global matrix organization.
- Experience working within a large installed footprint, and field service environment.
- Experience working in a fast-paced and safe execution roll-out of electrical construction & and commissioning
- Experience in setting up new Quality systems within a growth environment.