Airswift has been tasked by one of our major clients to find a R&D Lab Technician to work a 1-year contract with possible extension in Aurora, NC.
This Laboratory Technician position is responsible for sample retrieving in the field, preparation of sampling, and reporting. In addition, with this being a start-up plant, the lab tech will be responsible for assisting in creation of the processes, SOPs and development of the lab.
This is a 12-hour shift rotating shift. Airswift will be happy to discuss further the rotation schedule for this opportunity.
- Perform lab activities, such as setting up lab equipment and preparing chemical solutions.
- Conduct tests, interpret and analyze data, compile results, prepare reports, and present conclusions.
- Must document every test results carefully. During the research and testing phases, need to accurately record all variables, such as chemical type, amount, compound components, chemical temperature and test duration.
- Must also adhere to safety standards during laboratory testing, such as wearing protective clothing and taking additional precautions as needed.
- Improve current formulations of products when needed.
- Calibration of equipment
- Ability to follow chemistry testing techniques
- Practical hands-on attitude
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Willingness to comply with safety and quality regulations, including wearing and maintaining PPE
- A desire to work with team members to improve processes and product quality
- Flexible approach to working
- Troubleshooting issues with Lab equipment and processes
- Chemistry degree is preferred or a related technical degree.
- Minimum of 5-7 years of testing experience within chemical lab setting.
- Must have experience handling hazardous material.
- Must have industrial experience. This is an industrial site & will need to know how to adopt to the environment.