Rotating Equipment EngineerAirswift is seeking a Rotating Equipment Engineer to on a 12-month contract on an assignment in either Aberdeen or Sunbury with a major oil and gas company.
Brief Job Overview
Airswift is proud to partner with a leading energy company, who are seeking a Rotating Equipment Engineer to support their work on an FPSO off the coast of Angola.
- Provides Rotating Equipment engineering expertise to other teams by performing and reviewing complex, or non-routine REE calculations and analyses. (teams include Projects &Mods, Integrity Management, Maintenance, Programme Execution.)
- Provides REE expertise to MoCs and to brownfield projects and modifications. (including regulatory compliance, deviations from technical practice/specifications, design reviews, procurement support for complex packages, life cycle operability, Category Management and SOM activities.)
- Provides REE expertise to hazard identification and risk assessment processes (including hazard identification and risk assessment processes include MoCs, HAZOP, LOPA, HAZIDs, Human Factors Analysis, What-Ifs, Vulnerability studies, Bow-ties and Risk Action Plans.
- Provides REE expertise in performing incident investigations and defect investigations. Ensures that the inspection, testing, maintenance and, condition monitoring tasks in CMMS and Operator rounds are aligned with the technical intent of Equipment Strategies.
- Develops and updates the technical content of Equipment Strategies based on equipment performance feedback and performs periodic review of CMMS and Operator routines (including inspection, testing and maintenance data, condition monitoring data, equipment MoC and findings from defect investigation).
- Performs reliability analysis for rotating equipment using surveillance, maintenance and condition monitoring data, and trends performance metrics.
- Responsible for developing critical equipment repair procedures and sparing strategy for rotating equipment.
- Provides REE expertise to delivery of regional actions. Leads on resolution of complex, multi-discipline technical issues where the dominant component is rotating equipment. (sources of actions include HAZOP/LOPA, HVLs, Learning Alerts/Bulletins, Audit findings, and engineering studies.)
- Records relevant learnings in shared learning systems, incorporates into local activities and escalates high priority lessons.
Job requisites and experience
- MEng Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
- Chartered Engineer (IMechE)