As a global leader within the energy business, who have been established for over 100 years, we are proud to be able to expand our UK team and have partnered with Airswift to support our recruitment plans.
We are currently recruiting for a Safety Engineer to join our team, based in Glasgow to work on an ever-growing Oil & Gas project.
What can we offer you
Fantastic opportunity to work for well-respected specialists within the Energy industry, on a thriving Oil & Gas project. Excellent rates, holiday accrual and hybrid working arrangements.
Key Responsibilities and background:
- Technical input for project delivery. Technical excellence is key to our success and you would help build on this tradition.
- Conducting consultancy safety scopes (in particular, experience in QRA, Formal Safety Assessments, COMAH, etc is essential) for major hazard industries.
- Consequence modelling using programs such as PHAST.
- Technical report authorship.
- Participation in HAZID, HAZOPS, and LOPAs, and other risk assessment workshops.
- Project engineering to ensure studies and projects are delivered in compliance with agreed scope, budgets, and schedules.
- Direct engagement with clients and developing strong relationships with existing and future clients.
Critical Skills & Personal Attributes:
- Degree qualified in a relevant engineering subject.
- Working towards a chartership with a relevant institution (with sufficient experience to complete this within two years).
- We are looking for people who relish technically challenging engineering projects. You will be passionate and driven to improve the way we do things and deliver above and beyond to clients. You will be a proactive team player with excellent problem-solving, communication, and presentation skills.
- Highly organized and enjoy a fast-paced working environment.
- Experience working in Process/Technical Safety, preferably in the Energy industry.
- Experience in risk and safety management.
- Strong understanding of the fundamentals of QRA and other safety techniques, including consequence analysis (preferably using PHAST software), with proven experience in conducting such studies.
- Familiar with relevant legislation and industry standards and able to apply this knowledge and advise clients about these, such as COMAH, Safety Case Regulations, etc.
- Ability to prepare technical reports to a high standard.
- Ability to demonstrate excellent time-management skills with a proven ability to work to deadlines.
- Experience in contributing to successful bids and proposals.
- Track record of adding value through innovation.
- The ability to show initiative and work independently where appropriate.
The next step
We have an exceptional team in place, and we are pleased to be able to appoint a further person to our growing business. We are aware that you may not ‘tick all the boxes’, but if you believe you can genuinely offer some valuable skills and experience to our business, please in the first instance contact our recruitment partner Airswift, and the account manager, Richard Parker.