If successful in obtaining this role, you will be supporting a flagship ESG decarbonisation project with a focus on renewables with an integrated management team. The Safety Superintendent, reporting to the Assurance Manager WA/NT, will monitor, audit and ensure Health and Safety performance in line with legislative requirements and assist Management and Contractors with the implementation of Health and Safety Management activities for the project.
Job Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Participate in the development of the OHS departments goals, targets, and objectives to ensure alignment with the Sustainable Development departments strategic plan.
- Support site operations in embedding and sustaining our Critical Hazard Standards management system.
- Coordinate and manage the preparation, communication, and execution of safety initiatives, OHS performance outcomes and management plans.
- Facilitating significant incident investigations, identifying strategies to overcome the re-occurrence of incidents and managing incident reviews.
- Collaborate and submit all relevant reports as required both internally and externally - weekly, monthly, and quarterly reports, including compliance-related reporting.
- Conduct regular site inspections, audits, and risk assessments to assist in identifying and managing workplace risks.
Skills and Experience:
- Tertiary degree in OHS or related discipline along with a valid Australian Drivers License.
- Extensive experience in construction and/or heavy industry.
- Extensive knowledge of relevant Health & Safety legislation and regulations.
- Extensive demonstrated experience in OHS in an operational setting with a strong working knowledge of OHS, risk management, emergency response and injury management in the resources sector.
- High level organizational and time management skills, excellent communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Advanced level in Microsoft Office applications.
We want every individual to truly feel like they belong when at work. Diversity and inclusion is a key part of our culture and success. Applications are welcome from all backgrounds. Candidates require current and unrestricted Australian work rights to be considered for the role.
Interested? We'd love to hear from you!
If you are excited by what you have read, then we want to hear from you! Apply now or contact Sarah Stewart on +61 409 939 083. You can also email Sarah at Sarah.Stewart@airswift.com to learn more.
Airswift is an international workforce solutions provider within the energy, process and infrastructure industries. Airswift serves as a strategic partner to our clients, offering a turnkey workforce solution to capture and deliver the top talent needed to complete successful projects by aligning with the unique needs of our clients. Only candidates located within Australia, with full Australian working rights will be considered at this time.