- Advocacy of Government of PNG Regulations related to air emissions and Climate Change
- Assist Environmental Supervisor with stewardship of air emissions data with a focus on:
- Corporate EPI (Environmental Performance Indicators) reporting
- ESMP (Environmental and Socioeconomic Monitoring Plan) reporting
- CEPA (Conservation and Environment Protection Authority) reporting
- Coordinate the Environment submission for Corporate Plan. Communicate effectively to ensure timely and reliable preparation of Environmental inputs.
- Coordinate with engineering teams to progress opportunities for emissions reduction Projects.
- Network with PNGLNG Planning team to proactively understand Corporate Environmental Priorities, provide air and GHG emissions reporting and forecasting as required.
- Facilitate Environmental Business Planning process. Work with E&R Advisors to drive environmental performance and advocate for inclusion of improvement opportunities.
- Provide training and guidance to client operations as needed to facilitate awareness of the Environmental and Social Management Plans with a focus on air quality and GHG emissions.
- Mentoring less experienced Environmental Advisors and Specialists
- Oversight and management of third-party contractors.
- Participate in cold eyes reviews and internal assessments on site as needed.
- Meeting with regulatory agencies as needed to assist with air and GHG related reporting and licensing and permitting needs that may arise.
- Assist with IESC (Independent Environmental and Socioeconomic Consultant) inspections.
- Ensure compliance to regulatory requirement and Lender’s commitment (per IFC)
- Special assignments as given by E&R Supervisor
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- B.Sc. or Engineering degree.
- 10+ years of industry experience.
- Technical background, understanding of global GHG trends and international climate policies, treaties, and conventions.
- Understanding and experience of air emission sources and how air emission data are collected and reported.
- Experience writing environmental reports for internal and external stewardship.
- Work experience within the Oil & Gas industry with knowledge of production and engineering practices.
- Good interpersonal relationships with diverse workgroups, including regulatory and other stakeholders.
- Effectively interact in office and field environment with professional, support personnel and operations including consultants.
- Experience with regulatory licensing/permitting in PNG.
This position is open to PNG Nationals only. Due to large volume of applications received, we will only contact the shortlisted candidates. If you do not hear from us after two weeks of the closing date, please consider your application has not made into shortlist. However, we will keep your CV for future reference.
Application closes on the 12th Feb 2024