Location: Hybrid in Kingston-Upon-Thames (Greater London Region).
Language: Fluent in English.
Key Words: EPCI, Buyer, SAP, Oil & Gas, Negotiation, Subcontracts, Procurement, Purchase Orders, Offshore Pipelines, Offshore.
Airswift is looking for a Senior Buyer to work with one of our clients in Kingston-Upon-Thames.
The position is to participate in the client’s pipeline installation project. The role involves the preparation/negotiation of major packages for EPCI of offshore pipelines.
- A minimum of 10 years procurement experience essential.
- In depth understanding and experience of negotiating high value subcontracts and purchase orders within the oil & gas sector.
- Familiarity with SAP for creating and processing subcontracts and POs essential.
Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook) required.
- Member of a Purchasing Institute preferrable but not essential.
- Preparation, evaluation, negotiation of major subcontracts and purchase orders for EPCI of offshore pipelines.
- Assist Commercial department by obtaining quotations & issuing pre-agreements.
- If not already existing, ability to develop a relationship with major market players for offshore pipeline EPCI projects, incl. rock installation, dredging, pipe coating, landfalls, etc.
- Review variation order requests from suppliers and subcontractors, incl. price consistency and compliance with contractual terms.
- Liaise with department staff in relation to purchasing requests and keep them informed on technical, commercial, contractual developments in relation to the packages being managed, incl. vendor feedback matters.
- Assist with other departmental duties when departmental members absent.
- Ensure activities comply with Government acts and statutory regulations and Company policies and procedures.
- Any other duties within own experience and capability as advised by Department Manager
The next steps
We have an exceptional team in place, and we are pleased to be able to appoint a further person to our growing business. We are aware that you may not ‘tick all the boxes,’ but if you believe you can genuinely offer some valuable skills and experience to our business, please in the first instance then please contact our recruitment partner Pedro Calcagno at email@example.com